Question

customers blocked from submitting tickets

• 29 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Every 3 to 4 months, my customers are blocked from creating support tickets. They see this message "sorry, you are restricted from accessing this helpdesk page."
Your company reports to me some nonsense about spamming.
That is your problem, not my problem. Why do you inconvenience my customers over and over with a repeat of this again and again? I want no more for my customers to see "Sorry, you are restricted from accessing this helpdesk page.' If you had any customer sense, the message would say “We have a temporary issue that we are fixing.  This is not the fault of Seniorleads.  This is our fault at Freshdesk.”

This current message makes MY company look bad. My customer does not understand this is a failure at FRESHDESK -- they think it is my incompetent software people as the cause of this message.
There are many ways to solve this (all are common sense):

1. remove your spam detection and do not display this message -- I suspect this “spam blocking” is totally unnecessary and is an idea by some tech person but it has no practical reason to exist
  2. if you must block the portal (I do not understand why it needs to be blocked in the first place), then automatically UNBLOCK IT 5 minutes later
  3. if you cannot do #1 or #2 .then when this message displays, it should send a priority support ticket to the freshdesk tech team to fix the problem and remove the block
  4. give me (your customer) the ability to remove this block. There are many way to fix this and stop making my company look incompetent to my customers

This issue is so bad, I have a cron function which tests the ability to submit freshdesk tickets every hour and notifies me when my customers are blocked so I can then contact freshdesk to remove this spam block. It is crazy that I need to have a tool to detect a failure at Freshdesk. If I did not have this tool, I would not know about the problem until several customers would have been inconvenienced by this problem caused by who? By Freshdesk.

1 reply

Badge +2

Thanks for contacting Freshworks community @bobrichards

Appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and providing feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the incorrect error. We will definitely pass this on to our team and make sure to address the issue to improve the ease of whitelisting the account or providing the option to modify the error message.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Cheers,

Sujitha