Question

Internal Tickets

• 16 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I’m looking to see if anyone is using Freshdesk for internal tickets, as well as customer tickets.
We have Freshdesk deployed, and despite only being 3 months in, we’re using a lot of functionality.

I’m looking to see if we can decomission the tool that we use for internal tickets, but I can’t see how I can associate an agent with our internal company - to then create some views/email alerts for internal tickets.

Currenty, an agent can log a ticket against thier own name, but it gets lost within the customer tickets.

Is anyone doing this, or have you a seperate instance of FreshService (or another tool), for internal tickets?

5 replies

Badge +1

Rob,

We use it for both internal and external tickets at our company.  

We have separate groups set up for each of our team, and set agents to be able to either edit of view groups tickets.  

Properties are also created based on each groups needs.  

I use a lot of ticket templates for common occurrences, this way those tickets are always assigned to the correct group to complete the ticket.  I use Parent/Child Tickets as well, this way the group you are asking has their own ticket, and once they resolve the child you can have the parent open again (with some automations or an app) and then the initiator of the ticket will know what has been completed.    

Some groups have success with shared ownership, but we find that the ability to see the ticket after it has been closed by one of the owners does not happen. 

Depending on your group size and what you are trying to communicate, it can be overwhelming.  

Good luck!

Sara

PS if you are just looking to sort your view, you can set up Ticket Filters so there is one that has a source of internal only so that is all you see vs email or other sources on another view.

Badge +1

I can’t see how an employee who needs to log an internal ticket can be associated with our company record ?  

When I try the company name is left blank 

Badge +1

Sorry Rob, 

Maybe I should have asked for clarification first.  Is your employee an agent in Freshdesk, or just a contact in Freshdesk.  That will make a difference.  You can edit a contact and add the company. 

If they are emailing from their personal email address you can use an automation that would mark any ticket created from your @xxxx.com or that company as source internal instead of email, this will at least give you an option to be able to sort the tickets in list view then you can put them up on your dashboards so you can choose to look at just internal source tickets or everything but internal source tickets.  

I hope this helps out a little more. 

Sara

Badge +1

The majority of our employees are agents, and we don’t allow the logging of tickets via email - we have our customers using forms on the portal, and if we start to use FD for internal tickets, we’d want to use forms too.

Badge +1

I use more ticket templates for internal communications, likely not how they intended them to be used. This way I can have the template available for specific groups, set the properties the way I need them to be for automations or skills to assign them to the correct groups to work the tickets, and if there are multiple groups that need to work the tickets you can have children for them. 

Instead of a form, I just have the required information listed in the description of the ticket template.  It worked for us, but there might also be other ways, even perhaps better ways but this works for us. 

:) 

Sara