Question

Replies to forwarded emails always blank

• 22 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

When forwarding from a ticket, the reply to that forward comes in as a private note, any replies to to that private note get logged as a private note on the ticket but they are always blank except for the email chain appearing in the note.
I’ve been pulling my hair out trying to figure out where this is going wrong and why the reply is always blank in the private note except for the email chain that is being replied to.
Any suggestions here on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

If I got it right, the forwarded email will be blank unless you type something on the text area.

It will include the original chain, as you mention, but if nothing additional is added, it won’t bring you anything, other than the original email chain at the botton which you need to manually expand.

If I got it wrong, apologies, and please elaborate the issue.

Regards,

Ah, that sounds frustrating! It seems like there's a hiccup in how the system is handling those forwarded email chains. A quick fix might involve checking your ticketing system's settings to see if there's an option specifically for handling email replies - sometimes, the way it processes email content versus attachments or chains can cause issues like this. If that doesn't clear things up, reaching out to the support team of your ticketing system could give you a more direct solution. They might have seen this before and can guide you on how to adjust the settings so those replies show up correctly, not just as blank notes. Hope that helps get things running smoothly again!