Skip to main content
Question

Freshservice SSO - Is my Azure Integration tied to my user account?

• 1 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I am a new customer. Today I setup SSO and SCIM Provisioning through Azure AD, all worked well without issue. 

However, when setting up Provisioning I had to give an “organization admin” API key. The only one I could find was under my own Fresh Service profile. I could not find one that is user agnostic or tied to a built in administrator role. 

Does this mean if I left the organization that these integrations would fail once my user account was disabled? 

Have I missed something when setting this up? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I am a new customer. Today I setup SSO and SCIM Provisioning through Azure AD, all worked well without issue. 

However, when setting up Provisioning I had to give an “organization admin” API key. The only one I could find was under my own Fresh Service profile. I could not find one that is user agnostic or tied to a built in administrator role. 

Does this mean if I left the organization that these integrations would fail once my user account was disabled? 

Have I missed something when setting this up? 

Yes, I recommend to our customer to have a API/integration  agent account that is account/ORG admin that is not associated to a person. 

Badge

Thanks. Just to make sure I understand. Essentially a service account in my Active Directory environment?

Badge

Errrr service account in FreshService, not AD

Badge

I’m running into this same issue.  It seems like we have to buy an additional Freshservice agent seat to use Azure AD provisioning with a Freshservice “service” account so it’s not tied to an individual.  Have you found any alternatives to this?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We are also doing it the same way.

I remember seeing an idea being posted about this: Grant Extra License for Integrations Requiring API Key | Freshworks Community

There they explain that reaching out to your CSM and asking for an additional license usually works.

Also upvoting it to get more attention to the need of a special area for API keys