Canned responses showing coding

• 18 December 2018
  • 3 replies

When inserting a canned response into the message box, the html coding is showing up. It is not showing in the stored response but only when inserted into a message. I then have to delete it before sending. It is a pain. Any way to stop this?  I have tried deleting and recreating the response. No help. Help.

Here is what happens:

It appears that you are running a STaC this week and not using our hands so we have excluded this game from TCG.<span style="font-size: 14px;"><br></span>
<span style="font-size: 14px;"><br></span>
<span style="font-size: 14px;">When you are submitting NON-TCG games, such as STaC, please remember to exclude the game by unchecking the box in TCGMerge that says "This session is participating in The Common Game." (screenshot below)(Note: For TCGM2.0&nbsp;users, the position of the box is the same).</span>

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello Kimberly,

This seems weird and I just checked if we have received any complaints from other users as well but seems there isn't one. Are these canned responses copy-pasted from an external source? Did you notice the weird behaviour in recent times and if yes, was it working fine before?

Cheers!

Yes, this was copied and pasted. I had to retype several of the canned responses to fix this. Why won't the copy and paste feature work in this situation?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Kimberly Definitely it should work for responses copy-pasted from an external source. We recently made an upgrade to the editor and we hope it would fix some of these formatting issues, particularly when you copy paste from somewhere outside Freshdesk. Just trying to understand if you're still seeing this issue popup in your helpdesk.

Cheers!