complaint : stop this unpaid branding/advertising for freshdesk

• 14 December 2013
  • 29 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

29 replies

Hi Henk

via Freshdesk.com will always come in the Mails because you're using our Mail Service to Send/Receive Emails to your clients and we make use of a 3rd party provider - Sendgrid for this.

We are coming up with Custom Mailbox support, where you can configure your own IMAP/SMTP and this via Freshdesk.com will not come up

We hope to bring this Mailbox feature soon, no ETA

thanks
Vijay

This doesn't seem to address the first problem reported, namely that in gmail a support response shows with "via freshdesk" behind the from address.
Google has this to say about it:
"I'm a sender and I don't want my recipients to see the "via" link. What can I do?

Gmail checks whether emails are correctly authenticated. If your messages are sent by a bulk mailing vendor or by third-party affiliates, please publish an SPF record that includes the IPs of the vendor or affiliates which send your messages and sign your messages with a DKIM signature that is associated with your domain."
---

After adding the SPF record the response is indeed no longer caught in spam. The "via freshdesk" still shows up. Any suggestions to fix this?

Hi Paul,

I'm Sophia and I take care of SEO here at Freshdesk. Firstly, really sorry for putting you through this. I spent some time on the details and realize that there are a few action items for us that will improve things, but I first want to immediately help you fix your portal.

The reason "Helpdesk - Freshdesk" or "Freshdesk" appears in the search results 

Google search results depend on a lot of criteria. In your case, c4d is being treated as a sub-domain of Freshdesk (c4d.freshdesk.com) and therefore you see the 'Freshdesk' association in the search results. So the best way to avoid this would be to have your own CNAME i.e. support.c4d.com (or) support.cinemaplugin.com. Please refer to this article on getting your own custom Support URL to enable such.

I believe the above would solve the problem, however again, this is depending on how soon Google crawls and indexes your new support URL. I'm afraid we're both very dependent on Google on all this.

Also, please make use of the "Meta tags for search engines" section. You'll find this in the edit mode for every solution article, at the bottom of the page.

In this section, ensure you specify the required title, keeping the 70 character limit. Google generally populates the content in your page's title tag in its search results. However, when the title exceeds 70 characters, Google tries to truncate your title and add something that it considers relevant. Once again, this might have also contributed to the search results that we see today. By filling in the "Meta tags for search engine" section, not only could you solve your search results issue, but also get an SEO edge over your competitors. 

Once again our sincere apologies. Also, we are working on a few things that will improve the Google search experience for your solutions, I will make it a point to reach out and let you know.

Sincerely,

Sophia

Hi Paul,

I apologize for this. I understand that this looks very unprofessional. This was not intentional and is definitely an oversight on our part. We will get down to fixing this soon. Please give me a little time. Once again, my sincere apologies.