Question

AzureAD User Provisioning and available license checks.

• 16 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Working on creating a User Provisioning automation to create AzureAD accounts. I need to verify license availability for the appropriate M365 License. I have the AzureAD orchestration in place, and the SaaS Management discovery piece working. I would like to verify if there are available M365 licenses (E3, F1, etc.), and if not pause and create a task or ticket to procure more licensing - which will be a process outside of Freshservice. I’m not seeing a way to either (1) read the SaaS discovery data, or query Azure AD for licenses. I can see where I can assign licenses (however, I’m using Group Based Licenses) using the AzureAD Orchestration.

Thoughts and ideas on how to accomplish this?

1 reply

Badge

I got something working. I’m utilizing Workato to query my license Inventory via MSGraph, and then update the custom object table via the Freshservice API. I then have my automation verify that the available QTY is >= 1, and then create the user account.

It would be super useful in the asset module to be able to actually associate the M365 license to an actual M365 License (ex. E3, E5, etc.), not just the SaaS Module in general.