Question

Reader help - Sending approval email to group

• 22 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi All,

Is it possible to send approval emails to a group, and any one of that group can approve?

I’m trying to figure out how to do this using the reader node, but I’m afraid that’s where this is falling down. I can’t make head nor tails of the reader. Has anyone an example of the reader node and how they have done it. I’ve tried following the support articles on the reader node but can’t get it to work.

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi connor

Assuming you are doing this on the ticket module..

You need to first create a custom object table with the groups you require and people.

then you nee a reader group to that object group, where the approval group is your group you need (my xample here needed a variable but you should be able to type in the name of the group here).

Then just have an action node ad add the approvers of the reader group.. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Our approval process is first the employees manager or department head must approved. Once they approve then using custom objects as @afautley stated above gives me a business owner of each application.  We have a minimum of two business owners for vacation coverage.  If both are out of the office then the request sits until someone returns.

The only issue with this process is if you set it for anyone in the list to approve, is if one rejects the request. The request sits there waiting for the other parties to approve or all reject, leaving it sit there. It would be nice if there was one reject in the group to move forward on the workflow.