Solved

Supervisor Rule - Adding Tag to trigger

• 24 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I noticed in a lot of supervisor rule posts it says to add a Tag to mark the supervisor rule did the thing.  I wanted to use that to prevent the rule from running again, but I do not see an option for a conditional being about tags.  So how do you prevent a rule from running again on the same ticket?

icon

Best answer by Daniel Söderlund 25 October 2023, 08:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I noticed in a lot of supervisor rule posts it says to add a Tag to mark the supervisor rule did the thing.  I wanted to use that to prevent the rule from running again, but I do not see an option for a conditional being about tags.  So how do you prevent a rule from running again on the same ticket?

Would been nice to have, the workaround is to add a checkbox or drop down field in the ticket fields and use it as condition. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Can the supervisor rule check the box and also have it as a condition?  

So for example, the first time it runs, it checks the box because the condition of it being checked isnt there, but then the next time it runs, the condition is met, so it doesnt run the rule.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Can the supervisor rule check the box and also have it as a condition?  

So for example, the first time it runs, it checks the box because the condition of it being checked isnt there, but then the next time it runs, the condition is met, so it doesnt run the rule.

You have 2 rules, one per reminder or run you  like it to do. If it’s going t o me more then 2 you could use a drop down field as well. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Daniel Söderlund for the 2nd rule, how do I say “do not run the rule if XX is checked?”

I have a rule that says basically if a customer responds to a ticket that is in pending and it is longer than 1 hour, it will re-open the ticket and check a box “escalation rule”.  But What i dont want is for it to reopen it if the agent already replied to that response.  What would the second rule say to indicate if this box is selected to not do it, but then to uncheck that box (for if it happens again)?  So complicated :)