Solved

Send email to hiring manager on closure of onboarding ticket.

• 19 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello Community,

We had introduced hiring manager field in onboarding form, which is based on data source “all Users”. as per our new requitement we want to send following notification mail to hiring manager when onboarding ticket raised in freshservice.

“Hi <Hiring Manager>,

We have received your onboarding request for <employee name> starting on <start date>.”

So to implement above requirement, we have created the workflow.but we are not sure how to fetch email address of hiring manager using workflow.

Could you please provide your solution/view on the same?

icon

Best answer by PatrickMurphy 7 July 2023, 00:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @Shyam Dhande, in the workflow automator action node, you can use the “send email to” action. Click into the “To:” field and select text/placeholder. Then click placeholder. From there you can select the onboarding request form and select the field designated for the hiring manager’s email.

Hope that helps!

Badge

@zachary.king : Thanks for the reply. I already tried the same. but no luck. when I investigated further I come to know this field only captures hiring manager name not his/her email address.

Regards

Shyam

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@zachary.king : Thanks for the reply. I already tried the same. but no luck. when I investigated further I come to know this field only captures hiring manager name not his/her email address.

Regards

Shyam

Shoot, you might be able to use a web request and JSON parser node to get back the requester details using the hiring manager as a placeholder in the endpoint url. That would give you access to the requester’s email address. But that might be more trouble than it is worth.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

In our onboarding form we ask for manager as a required field. This is a dropdown that uses data source All Users.

Then in subsequent workflow actions we refer to the Service Request fields and get manager information. Since it is tied to the data source All users and you select a FreshService user it exposes ID, eMAIL and Name. 

Badge

@PatrickMurphy : It worked thanks for your reply. initially I tried with custom object as suggested by freshservice support on call. and I was able to complete the requirement. 
Later, I suppose due to recent upgrade in FS; Data source “user” started showing Hiring Manager Name and Email in drop down. So I change my approach as suggested by you.

Thanks Again!!

Regards

Shyam