Solved

Knowledge base hierarchy

• 14 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello Berlin community!

I have been hearing feedback on a few occasions that the current knowledge base hierarchy is not sufficient for some customers - this is especially the case for multinationals that operate at significant scale.

Currently, Freshservice supports 3 layers (category, folder, item) which typically does not support use cases very well that have a) multiple functions working in one tenant and/or b) that have more demands on regional and country level distinction.

Does this resonate with any of you? And, has anyone found any workarounds or ways of working that offset this current limitation somewhat?

icon

Best answer by Rebekka_Beuth 15 February 2023, 07:35

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Hi Joey, We have the same issue. We have multiple levels and teams and need a role concept, which the database does not provide. We also need a link between help articles and knowledge articles. 
There are vendors on the market for knowledge base solutions that integrate into Freshdesk. 

Badge +1

Hello Joey,

Welcome to Freshworks Community. Hope you are doing well and safe! :)

Though we dot have more than three level hierarchy at the moment, this is definitely an interesting ask and we are happy to explore the possibilities of this feature. You can also raise this as an idea so that other community members can vote for this and bring attention to our product teams.

Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Rebekka_Beuth Thanks for the response!

With Workspaces coming I expect that this will effectively add another layer (as each Workspace can use its own knowledge base), but still.. good to know that there is more demand for this.

@suresh1112 I will indeed raise this as an idea. @Rebekka_Beuth - fyi, maybe you can support it ;)

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Rebekka_Beuth Thanks for the response!

With Workspaces coming I expect that this will effectively add another layer (as each Workspace can use its own knowledge base), but still.. good to know that there is more demand for this.

@suresh1112 I will indeed raise this as an idea. @Rebekka_Beuth - fyi, maybe you can support it ;)

your expectation was not met. it got worse. Workspaces has stolen one level and makes us leaving with only 2…

Feature request: