Question

Reorganize Workflow?

• 11 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have been working on a workflow adding and removing blocks, but now it is kind of a mess with extra long connections to between blocks, or blocks where I removed a decision and kept the no decision. I don’t seem to be able to resize any of the connections or move the blocks around on the board. Am I missing something, or is the only way to reorganize this workflow to start over and not make any mistakes along the way?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Sometimes it is a little bit tricky,  but did you try in a different browser or even in Incognito Mode?

Regards,

Elvis 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @rfrutiger, unfortunately that is something I think we have all dealt with. We don’t have the option of moving the blocks around the canvas. But one thing that might work is to clone the workflow, sometimes this will remove unnecessary space on the clone. Give that a try and see if it fixes the layout for you.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I have this all the time. Now as I’m creating workflows I will create an action just to hold the space and go back later and remove it to control vertical height in the workflow.  Horizontal is more of the challenge as it pushes objects where ever they go.

I never thought about @zachary.king recommendation to clone. I’m going to try that next.

**Update** cloning did not work for me on my workflows.