Question

Trying to create freshservice ticket with PowerAutomate using a teams channel

• 9 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hey guys,

I’m trying to build out a power app that will grab any new messages in a teams channel and create a ticket with it. I’m using the Freshservice connector and I’m getting up to the point where it’s asking for the  requester id.

When I click on the field nothing populates. Am I missing a step in this flow for this field to populate?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @nonfatyogurt19, I would have to look at that connector but does it indicate of it will accept the requester’s email address? If so then you could probably pass it the email address of the user associated to the message from MS Teams. That would then create the ticket with that individual set as the requester.

Hope that helps!

Badge

Hello @nonfatyogurt19, I would have to look at that connector but does it indicate of it will accept the requester’s email address? If so then you could probably pass it the email address of the user associated to the message from MS Teams. That would then create the ticket with that individual set as the requester.

Hope that helps!

How would I go about doing that? I’m fairly new to Automate so my knowledge is limited.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @nonfatyogurt19 when I set this up it was pulling in requesters from my freshservice instance. When you selected the Freshservice Connector did it have you validate your instance of freshservice? This seems like a bug if its not showing you any requesters.

I tried using Dynamic content but there was no data available to the connector. Which tells me that there is not a direct way to dynamically set the requester of the ticket. Very limited in my opinion.

Have you looked at using ServiceBot for MS Teams?

https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000003917-ms-teams-freshservice-integration

Badge

Yes it asked me to create a connection which did succeed. I tried inputting a custom requester id which was the id of one of our requester and while the flow works in testing a new ticket isn’t posted. When looking at the output though, I’m seeing an access_denied: true in the json. I don’t know if that’s causing issues