Welcome to the Freshworks User Network London EX User forum

• 17 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello and Welcome to Freshworks User Network London EX Forum!

This is your place to connect and engage with your user network community from London who have an interest towards Employee Experience.

We believe there’s nothing more unstoppable than when people come together.

Our mission is to create a user group of diverse individuals who will support, challenge, and inspire one another by providing a platform for networking, mentorship, and development. We encourage you to share your knowledge, ask questions, participate in discussions and become an integral part of this community. 

Now, it’s time for some introductions!!

Go ahead and introduce yourself and let everyone get to know you. Here are some optional prompts to help you:

1. A little bit about you and what you do (need not be restricted to what you do professionally)
  2. Why you do what you do?
  3. What brought you here to this community?
  4. Share anything happy/ funny/ embarrassing that has happened to you
  5. Describe yourself in one word

Feel free to add photographs or anything that you’d like to share with all of us!

Sharing some quick links for our new members:

1. More about the Freshworks User Network
  2. Join the London EX User Network to stay updated of all the upcoming events
  3. Interested in leading a user network? Apply to be a Leader.

Once again thank you for joining the London EX forum. We would like to hear what interests you and we will make it happen for you.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
  1. I write about ITSM best practice for a living and this includes EX. I love playing old vinyl while I write.
  2. I somehow found out I could write stuff that helped people when I became an IT industry analyst in 2008.
  3. I’m always interested to learn more about real-world challenges and successes
  4. I love what I do
  5. Petty (no r)

Hi folks, I’m Josh - I was in a loud shirt with a mullet, and I was the only person dancing at the Global Jam in London.

It was nice to meet some of you

1. A little bit about you and what you do (need not be restricted to what you do professionally)
    • I am currently working in our People (HR) Team, managing and tweaking Freshservice, alongside implementing a new HR solution and integrating with our current estate. 
    • I really enjoy solving business problems in creative ways and freeing up staff to use their time to do the things that really matter.
    • I’d like to continue the conversations I started yesterday.
    • I recently made a prat out of myself dancing alone at a corporate event.
    • Whimsical.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We’re glad you had a good time yesterday! It was nice to see many of you come together and engage at the user network yesterday. 

We will be doing more of virtual & in-person events soon, so stay tuned! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hey all, thanks for a great event last week.  It was nice to see where the product is hopefully going and also meet some individuals in a similar position as myself.

1. Support team manager for a global company of around 9000.  Sole Primary admin for the Freshservice system now being used by IT and parts of HR & Finance
    2. Amateur triathlete
    1. Started as one of the support team and they keep giving me more work to do and won’t let me say no!
    2. Keep fit, enjoy variety, destress (although the stress of training can be worse than work at times)
    1. Interested to share ideas, see how others are using the platform, learn best practice techniques
    1. Won my first age group trophy this past weekend
    2. (Quite a few years ago)Told our soon to be CEO that I wouldn’t do something for him as it hadn’t been approved by my manager
    1. Analytical
Badge

Hi All,

Took a little time to join but I had attended the global last month which also happened to be my first time in London.

1. I’m the first line support engineer for a pharma company with 4 locations in the UK and US and one of the main administrators for FreshService in our environment.
    1. Enjoyed troubleshooting issues based on some work experience, completed school, got an apprenticeship and not looked back
    1. It’s a great way to shared ideas, get feedback or suggestions from others using the platform
    1. I’m getting married in a couple weeks (22nd)
    1. Hungry
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

A little bit about you and what you do

I'm a mancunian based in London. A help desk manager that has brought best practice and service improvements to housing associations, sports companies, MSPS, a well know chicken restaurant (not los pollos hermanos) and currently working at a large pathology centre. And i occasionally make youtube videos. I did my first youtube short yesterday and got 1.9k views. 

Why you do what you do?
Money.. Well, and I'm passionate about providing excellent customer experience. I have a wealth of experience and I love changing a company from meh to OOOOOH!!! 

What brought you here to this community?
My account manager mentioned it! 

Share anything happy/ funny/ embarrassing that has happened to you
I was once interviewed about my xmas dinner for BBC news. Its still on the bbc website.. I also have a video of me running the 100 metres on the olympic track the night before Usain Bolt did. Thank you G4s for being terrible at security! 

Describe yourself in one word
You cannot ask an extravert to use 1 word... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Love this! Welcome @Trevor Cooper @mudgyfudgy @Ho-Aitken to the Freshworks Community and to the London-Freshservice group! We look forward to building this group with you!