Question

Is there a way to export all attachments on all tickets

• 28 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have gone ahead and did a full data export, is there a way for us to download all the attachments and store them offline? 

I know through the data export in the XML I can see a attachment URL, but i was wondering if there is an easier way to just download all attachments for a certain period. 

thank you! 

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have a similar need. I need to be able to export the attachment out of FreshService and send it to Workday. I have been unable to find a way to get the actual attachment out of FreshService?? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Johnnydoe 

Could you try using the Attachments Viewer app and check if that helps with your use case. Navigate to admin → apps → Attachments Viewer to install the app. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

So I watched the video associated with that app and it looks to be a lot of manual steps. I need a way that I can automate and still have it associated with the ticket. So like a ticket export that includes the attachment. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Tagging @Nittannia 

Badge

I tried the attachment viewer, but same I’ll have to go into each ticket and download the attachments it will take me months to do all the tickets with attachments.  

I need to have all attachments downloaded and sorted through. 

I also tried opening the XML export but when i try and open the XML attachment_url im getting an error.

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Error>

<Code>MissingKey</Code>" 

But I'm using the key provided. I did some research on dev community and saw that there is a 5 min expiration for attachments is that accurate? 

@Nittannia @Kamakshi V 

Badge

@Lucasj1 

i did come across these in the dev community. Basically saying that attachments have an expiry of  5 min.

That could be why you’re running into some issues, hope it was able to help I sent hours trying to figure it out.

https://community.freshworks.dev/t/attachment-url-that-read-from-data-method-from-app-side-shows-access-denied/7864

https://community.freshworks.dev/t/need-clarification-of-conversation-attachments/3783