Question

Setup SSO for Fresh Service Self Service Portal

• 6 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

We are about to launch our self service portal to users but currently in testing users are prompted to login and set a password, which makes sense. I would like to link this to Azure with SSO. 

I have seen some guides for Azure Provisioning (App Registration , Secret Token etc) which syncs to FS periodically. Would this provide the users with the ability to manually login with their Azure credentials? I assume SSO is a separate process on top of that? (Using SAML or similar?) 

Essentially what would be great to achieve would be:

1. Allow users to access the self service portal with their Azure credentials. (Or better again, provide SSO to the self service catalog for users via Azure).

2. Periodically sync Azure to Fresh Service so new users are added as they join the company.

I have used Fresh Service for a while but am relatively new to customizing it so would really appreciate any help, or guides on this. I have seen a few but just wanted to hone in on what will help me achieve the objectives above. 

Thanks all, 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi all,

We are about to launch our self service portal to users but currently in testing users are prompted to login and set a password, which makes sense. I would like to link this to Azure with SSO. 

I have seen some guides for Azure Provisioning (App Registration , Secret Token etc) which syncs to FS periodically. Would this provide the users with the ability to manually login with their Azure credentials? I assume SSO is a separate process on top of that? (Using SAML or similar?) 

Essentially what would be great to achieve would be:

1. Allow users to access the self service portal with their Azure credentials. (Or better again, provide SSO to the self service catalog for users via Azure).

2. Periodically sync Azure to Fresh Service so new users are added as they join the company.

I have used Fresh Service for a while but am relatively new to customizing it so would really appreciate any help, or guides on this. I have seen a few but just wanted to hone in on what will help me achieve the objectives above. 

Thanks all, 

Have you looked at Configuring SSO in Freshservice : Freshservice ?