Solved

Ansible?

• 22 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Is anyone using the FreshService CMDB as a dynamic inventory for ansible? Wondering how difficult that might be to implement.

icon

Best answer by eeha0120 7 October 2023, 07:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

What a terrific idea. Not having tried it yey.

Could you please share your findings if you managed to do it?

Regards,

Elvis

Badge

I haven’t gotten to that point yet, as we are still working on getting FreshService up and running. I’m not super familiar with FreshService yet, but as long as there’s an API and some form of tagging, I think it’ll be easy to implement. I was just hoping there might be someone who’s already done it. :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Yes, there’s an API and there are tags, so, yes, I think it can definitely be done.

Using FreshService CMDB as a dynamic inventory for Ansible is feasible but may require some custom scripting and configuration. You'd need to write a script to extract data from FreshService and format it into a JSON or YAML structure that Ansible can understand as an inventory. Regular updates and synchronization would also be necessary to ensure accuracy. The complexity of implementation depends on the specific requirements and the APIs available in FreshService for data retrieval. It's recommended to consult with someone experienced in both Ansible and FreshService integration for a smoother implementation process.