Solved

Kiosk Mode

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We are new to Freshservice and we have like a walk-up Genius bar of sorts.  We want the end users to be able to put in tickets themselves when they walk-up to get help.  Anyone had success with something like this?  We will have an iPad, but the issue is the Portal has to be logged into by someone, so the requestor defaults to whoever is logged in.  Making it a bit confusing.  

icon

Best answer by shannon.mejia 25 August 2023, 15:53

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Instead of using the portal can you have them use some web application that submits their request via email to FreshService and creates a ticket?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Interesting approach suggested by Patrick.

If using an iPad, what about using the Mobile App ? Not sure if it is available for iPadOS.

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Instead of using the portal can you have them use some web application that submits their request via email to FreshService and creates a ticket?

Interesting idea for sure.  I hadn’t thought about that.  I don’t have developers but I wonder if there might be something in the Marketplace already.  I will search

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi.

Interesting approach suggested by Patrick.

If using an iPad, what about using the Mobile App ? Not sure if it is available for iPadOS.

Regards,

the iOS does have an app, but there still needs to be someone logged into it and it defaults still to the person logged into the App.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@shannon.mejia 

Hello Shannon, 

Have you tried our Feedback Widget? You will have to take the respective Popup/Embedded Widget Code which is found at the bottom of each tab under Admin →Channels → Feedback Widget and then paste the code into your website’s HTML page depending on which page you need it to appear.

This will help your users to raise tickets by filling in your ticket form. Do let us know if this helps!

Thanks!
Suvashini 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@shannon.mejia 

Hello Shannon, 

Have you tried our Feedback Widget? You will have to take the respective Popup/Embedded Widget Code which is found at the bottom of each tab under Admin →Channels → Feedback Widget and then paste the code into your website’s HTML page depending on which page you need it to appear.

This will help your users to raise tickets by filling in your ticket form. Do let us know if this helps!

Thanks!
Suvashini 

That works for incidents (which is cool! thank you!), but any thoughts to how I can do this with requests...where I will have the service catalog?  my main issue is them needing to log in to the portal to view items….i tried the iOS app, but same situation

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@shannon.mejia - As per design, Service Catalog requires login for anyone to raise the service requests. I don’t think there’s a way in which we can by pass the login to raise the requests.

Do you think you can create a dummy user and make this portal logged in all the time? so they can still raise service requests by mentioning their email address in Requested for Section?

Another solution would be adding an extra drop down field say Type (Incident, Service Request) and hide this in business rules so that it will not be visible in the end user portal but visible in Feedback widget, set up workflow automation to change the ticket type to service request. once this is raised using Feedback widget. In this way at least they still have an option to raise service requests using Feedback widget. Not an ideal one. But still helps to an extent to different incidents and service requests raised via feedback widget. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@shannon.mejia - As per design, Service Catalog requires login for anyone to raise the service requests. I don’t think there’s a way in which we can by pass the login to raise the requests.

Do you think you can create a dummy user and make this portal logged in all the time? so they can still raise service requests by mentioning their email address in Requested for Section?

Another solution would be adding an extra drop down field say Type (Incident, Service Request) and hide this in business rules so that it will not be visible in the end user portal but visible in Feedback widget, set up workflow automation to change the ticket type to service request. once this is raised using Feedback widget. In this way at least they still have an option to raise service requests using Feedback widget. Not an ideal one. But still helps to an extent to different incidents and service requests raised via feedback widget. 

Thanks for the reply!  That makes sense.   I thought about the “dummy” account option to see how that might work out….I think that might be the best option.  

I guess I need to suggest a Kiosk mode for Freshservice :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I also need the ability to make a “public” service request that functions identically to how the public incident form does. Hope we can get some more traction on this need.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I created a Idea for everyone to vote on.