Question

Knowledgebase, Solutions - need better draft management

• 3 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

I am curious if other are running into the same issue we are having with editing solutions in the knowledge base of Fresh Service. Things we are seeing:

• the moment an edit starts, the article goes into draft mode. this makes it not published and people cannot see the previous published version.
  • If two people edit the same article at the same, only the changes from the last person to save are kept. Articles do not lock while editing to prevent this.
  • We are moving a lot of content into Articles right now. articles are constantly going from published > draft > awaiting approval > published > (repeat).  People cannot find the content when it is draft or awaiting for approval. This is a problem for us.

I submitted an idea, but nobody has up voted, so maybe I am the only one affected by these deficiencies.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We are just starting to look knowledge management.  I agree the “draft” situation is odd, but ours seems to be different than yours.  My agents are able to see all articles, even those in draft mode.  This is concerning to me as those in draft haven’t been vetted yet as accurate.  

How did you make it to where they couldn’t see draft?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I don’t have a solution, but I also agree the Solution Article module needs a lot of work….seems to be a forgotten module.

Missing features such as:

-Minor/Major versions

-Templates

-Linked sections

-Verson History

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

We are just starting to look knowledge management.  I agree the “draft” situation is odd, but ours seems to be different than yours.  My agents are able to see all articles, even those in draft mode.  This is concerning to me as those in draft haven’t been vetted yet as accurate.  

Hi Shannon.

Hope you’re doing great.

Agents can indeed see articles. The issue is for Requester, which cannot see articles when they are not in Published.

This also affects that, when Requesters are creating a ticket, Smarts Suggestions also won’t work as those articles are not Published.

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I am curious if other are running into the same issue we are having with editing solutions in the knowledge base of Fresh Service. Things we are seeing:

• the moment an edit starts, the article goes into draft mode. this makes it not published and people cannot see the previous published version.
  • If two people edit the same article at the same, only the changes from the last person to save are kept. Articles do not lock while editing to prevent this.
  • We are moving a lot of content into Articles right now. articles are constantly going from published > draft > awaiting approval > published > (repeat).  People cannot find the content when it is draft or awaiting for approval. This is a problem for us.

I submitted an idea, but nobody has up voted, so maybe I am the only one affected by these deficiencies.

Hi.

No, you’re definitely not alone. This happens for everybody and this is a must-fix for FS. I didn’t noticed your Idea before; thank you very much for sharing it here. The more you share it, the most probably it gets noticed and voted and, hopefully, Freshworks be aware of it and develop the need (which for me it is a Fix).

I’d also suggest to submit it in a support case.

And continue spreading the word for this Idea, so, it would get the most votes.

Regards,

Badge +1

Thank you for the suggestions.

Entirely agree. Having articles that are unpublished whilst editing them is a broken system. This needs immediate attention.

This is a major problem and also defeats the purpose of publishing the article.

If an article is in draft, why should it be visible to all agents?