Question

How to fix Email rejected due to an unexpected error ?

• 12 September 2023
  • 6 replies

I receive the error message "Email rejected due to an unexpected error. Please try again after sometime." when I attempt to send an email to our customer.

Please help me solve this problem and how can I recognise the problem specifically. thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

That’s a feature to let you know that when you or your agents send an email to a requester / customer, so, you’ll be aware if a response or not was delivered.

Usually, there’s something on the end (mailbox full, mailbox unavailable, etc.)

Regards,

Oddly it only happens with one customer, and responding directly with email client doesn’t produce error, so I’m skeptical about it being a ‘mailbox full’ issue. Could I have reached a response limit in FD, and it’s internally rejecting any more responses ? 

The error message in Freshworks stating "Email rejected due to an unexpected error. Please try again after some time" suggests a general issue with the email system. To pinpoint the problem, review email configuration settings, check for server outages, and ensure recipient email addresses are correct. If the issue persists, contact Freshworks support for detailed assistance.

Badge +2

To fix an "Email rejected due to an unexpected error," double-check the recipient's email address for typos and ensure your email server is functioning correctly. If the issue persists, contact your email provider's support for assistance.

I receive the error message "Email rejected due to an unexpected error. Please try again after sometime." when I attempt to send an email to our customer.

Please help me solve this problem and how can I recognise the problem specifically. thanks

Thanks for sharing.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello @daffazhafirin,

Greetings from Freshworks Community!

I understand you are receiving an error message when outgoing emails sent from Freshdesk are getting rejected. As you may already know, this can occur if the recipient email address is incorrect or if the mailbox is full. 

However, if you would like to know the specific reason for the bounce, please feel free to DM us with the recipient's email address, Timestamp, timezone, and Ticket ID. We will be happy to check the logs and provide you with more information. 

Please make sure to provide us with recent examples for a more accurate analysis. 

Happy Freshdesking!