Skip to main content

Hopefully someone can help me.

I would like to create a ticket worfklow automator that does the following:

- Automatically creates a ticket every morning
- This should contain a note with the URLs of all created tickets from a specific requester in a specific time frame

Now I have been looking and I think I need to work with a webhook trigger? Is this correct and if so can someone send me an example payload / workflow? Because I'm new with using webhook triggers.

Hi Jeroen,

I think some more info would be required to answer this question. Right now it is unclear how many of these tickets you want, and more importantly, how will you define about which requester the tickets in your note will be?

Typically, you would use the scheduler to create tickets on a daily basis, however in this case it is always with predefined fields, and can't dynamically change the requester it is registered on.

Alternatively, you could use a scheduled workflow, but a scheduled workflow needs a ticket to be based off, you could create a placeholder ticket for this and leave it open forever, purely for this. This workflow would then use an API call to create a new ticket with the information you need.

I'm not sure if it is possible to put the URL's to the tickets in a note, but you could add the ticket ID's in a note for a specific requester at least.

If you could share some extra details on what you want and what you are trying to achieve that would be very helpful :)