Solved

Exporting Filtered Data

• 23 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

I’ve created a number of custom reports in Freshdesk Analytics with Filter widgets included, for example filtering by agent, status, or ticket type. I would like to be able to download the data with those filters applied, as the data appears in the UI. The current export is providing me with all data for the report as though filters were not being applied. Is downloading filtered data an option in Freshdesk?

icon

Best answer by Sudhan R 31 October 2023, 16:29

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I understand that. you’re trying to export analytics with the filters applied.

Kindly try the following steps before you export the report.

1. Open the required report
  2. Click on Edit from the right top corner
  3. Set the required filters
  4. Click on Save and then try exporting the same.

Please let us know if this works!

Happy Ticketing!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @A Whitaker,

Thank you for the update, The interactive filters applied are on the UI level to view the data applied with the filter and when you export it without saving, the export would contain the data without the filter.  However, I completely understand the importance of having access to filtered data for your reports.

To obtain filtered data in your exports, you'll need to save the report with your desired filters applied. Once saved, when you perform the export, the data will reflect the filtered view you've saved, providing you with the specific data set you need.

Regards,

Yusuf Ahmed

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi.

Interesting finding.

If I understand correctly how Analytics works, these filters are applied only at GUI level, so, sadly, when exporting data, the whole dataset is exported.

However, I totally agree with you.

I’d suggest submitting this to Support as a bug; they might consider it a feature request, but defend your position.

If you decide to go with a request, submit the idea here in case it doesn’t already exist (Freshworks Ideas | Freshworks Community) and share the link so we could vote on it.

Regards,

Sudan R’s recommendation works, this is literally the only mention I could find anywhere to deal with the default filter on export issue.

you could explore integrating with third-party tools or APIs for more granular data extraction based on your specific filter criteria.

Badge

If I understand correctly how Analytics works, these filters are applied only at GUI level, so, sadly, when exporting data, the whole dataset is exported. \

great work - nicely defined and better help for needy persons  - 

To obtain filtered data in your exports, you'll need to save the carrom games with your desired filters applied. Once saved, when you perform the export, the data will reflect the filtered view you've saved, providing you with the specific data set you need.

Badge

If I understand correctly how Analytics works, these filters are applied only at GUI level, so, sadly, when exporting data, the whole dataset is exported. \

great work - nicely defined and better help for needy persons  - 

To obtain filtered data in your exports, you'll need to save the with your desired filters applied. Once saved, when you perform the export, the data will reflect the filtered view you've saved, providing you with the specific data set you need.

Badge +2

We are currently working on a feature to honor the interactive filters in downloads. This capability should be available in an upcoming release.

o download data with applied filters from Freshdesk Analytics:

1. Check if Freshdesk Analytics offers custom export functionality.
  2. Explore Freshdesk API for programmatically fetching filtered data.
  3. Consider third-party tools for advanced export capabilities.
  4. Manually extract data and apply filters using spreadsheet software if needed.
  5. Provide feedback to Freshdesk for potential feature updates.