🚨 ANNOUNCEMENT !!!! Update on PRODUCT IDEAS Section 💡

• 1 November 2023
  • 9 replies
🚨 ANNOUNCEMENT !!!! Update on PRODUCT IDEAS Section 💡
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello Freshworks Community,

As most of you know our Community platform went through a big revamp this year as well as improving many other sections to provide a better user experience.  Incase you missed the update on Community 2.0, here it is !

As we had promised, one of our big focus areas has been on improving and upgrading our experience on the "Product Ideas” section - our most popular segment on the Community.

We know that the experience there has been less than stellar and we have been working very closely with our Product teams to build a robust process to review and share updates for the feature requests at scale. And share best practices for us to leverage and use the section more efficiently.

As we begin revamping the section, please find the updates below: 

✔ All ideas from before 2022 (i.e. 31 Dec 2021) will be closed for voting. This means that while the idea is still in the community, members will no longer be able to vote for them.

✔ Due to the large volume of ideas, our product teams will be prioritizing based on votes and popularity. We hope to be able to share more updates on these feature ideas  with you very soon.

✔ Detailed guidelines on how this section should be utilized, how this can benefit you has been published here.  

We thank you all for your patience as we roll out the reorganization for the Product ideas section. Please note this is a first step and we aim to continuously evolve this space into a platform which enables our users to share their unbiased voice with us and the rest of the community. Our first aim is to get as many updates on each of the requests as possible and we’d also love to hear your feedback on the guidelines and how we can work better together.

Thank you to all our members who share their ideas for feature enhancements. I would encourage you to get your community peers and colleagues to vote and share. 

We  look forward to hearing from you and building out our community together!

Best,

Ally

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @alyssia.correa, so glad to see some work on the ideas portal. One question/concern...with the closing out for voting of all ideas prior to this year, how will those ideas/requests be handled moving forward? Are they being reviewed and will be updated with their new status? If so, would it be possible to advertise those updates in some sort of “Ideas Update Newsletter”? It would be greatly beneficial, I think, if the community could see what progress has been made on ideas that have been created and left idle for a long period of time. Even if it is to simply show that the suggested idea has already been implemented or is no longer being considered.

I can see this as kind of a “Refresh”/Restart in getting community involvement into how the products will be moving forward. Very excited to see how impactful this will be!

Great job!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello @zachary.king - Yes, we’re glad to finally see some movement and share more updates with our members. As of now the ideas are being prioritized based on number of votes and we will try and have those updated on priority. 

We can definitely look at a section in the community newsletter (to be launched soon!) where we can share updates on the progress! We are also looking at including a pipeline of the stages so our members can track.

Thank you for your collaboration and participation with us here always! We will keep updating and sharing progress.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello @zachary.king and other folks - I have included an Ideas Status pipeline on the ‘Product Ideas Section’ which will show which ideas are open, in-progress and live. Hope this is helpful in the interim while we work on improving the experience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @zachary.king and other folks - I have included an Ideas Status pipeline on the ‘Product Ideas Section’ which will show which ideas are open, in-progress and live. Hope this is helpful in the interim while we work on improving the experience.

Thank you! That looks great!!! One suggestion I have, for ideas that have been implemented, the voting option should be closed, locked, or removed. Also, is there a limit to how many votes a community member has available to use?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thank you! That looks great!!! One suggestion I have, for ideas that have been implemented, the voting option should be closed, locked, or removed. Also, is there a limit to how many votes a community member has available to use?

Yes @zachary.king - you are absolutely right! I realized that it did not automatically close/stop the voting. I will work on this with the team and get back.

As of now there are no limits on the votes - that is an idea we are however toying with but we haven’t come to a conclusion just yet. I will share more news on the program once implemented! Thank you for bringing this up!

Hello Ally,

Thank you for the update on the revamp of the Product Ideas section! Exciting to see the improvements and focus on enhancing the user experience. The closure of pre-2022 ideas for voting and the prioritization based on votes make sense for streamlining the process. Looking forward to witnessing the positive changes and contributing to the evolving community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@alyssia.correa Appreciate the updates. I am confident that the new ideas section is going to really help build the trust across the community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thank you @zachary.king - we really intend to 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello Ally,

Thank you for the update on the revamp of the Product Ideas section! Exciting to see the improvements and focus on enhancing the user experience. The closure of pre-2022 ideas for voting and the prioritization based on votes make sense for streamlining the process. Looking forward to witnessing the positive changes and contributing to the evolving community.

Thank you! Stay tuned for more 🤓