Engage with our Speakers: Empowering Women in Tech Session - Ask your Questions here!!

Engage with our Speakers: Empowering Women in Tech Session - Ask your Questions here!!
Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Helloo Freshworks Community!

Happyy Fridayyy!!

We're so excited to present an engaging roundtable session - "Empowering Women in Tech: Overcoming Challenges and Shaping the Future," on May 15th at 10:00 a.m. EST | 7:30 pm IST. This session, hosted by our Community SME@Jessisgood , will feature a great lineup of Women in Tech from various industries. They'll be sharing their career journeys, discussing how they navigated obstacles, and offering insights into the future of IT. Join us for an enlightening conversation!

GNBR4d4j4EsCVUpZGHUPNZyXkKV6CHRGWFQyi9BTtJU3QiFRQZN34ZKoSnPQuZMOR8rHPPE0huVvzmYChsfb2f5SNXoWeOQ3Hbv5VYskbEBnaRSKTW7xmRvRccjXsZPlbkxbnU22WUvWTtiHjH5T678

We're delighted to welcome and introduce our speakers. Below, you'll find a brief bio for each of them along with insights into their respective roles.

Rachel Becker
Senior Director, Business Solutions
EAB

Rachel Becker (@rbeckereabis a seasoned IT leader with a strong background in project management, product design, and events technology. In her role at EAB , she has spearheaded the development and implementation of both off the shelf and homegrown software solutions used internally across EAB, including multiple instances of Freshdesk and Freshservice. Rachel loves the variety and constant change she gets in working with technology, and has a passion for learning and implementing new tools to improve the employee experience.

Kristy Owen
Director, Financial Systems and Training
UPenn

Kristy Owen serves as the Director of Financial Systems & Training within the Applications Group at the University of Pennsylvania. With an impressive professional background spanning 18 years in Higher Education,  out of which  12 years were dedicated to specialized roles in technology. Throughout her career, Kristy has demonstrated exemplary project management skills, playing integral roles in numerous University-wide system implementations and upgrades. Her contributions have been recognized with the prestigious UPenn Models of Excellence Award on two occasions, highlighting her leadership and teamwork.

Maureen McLaughlin
Director, IT Service Management
Curaleaf

Maureen McLaughlin, currently serves as the Director of IT Service Management at Curaleaf. Her remit includes developing enterprise wide ITSM policies, processes, and procedures. A key component of this effort has involved upscaling Curaleaf’s usage of the Freshservice to provide a seamless experience for team members and the ITSM team, collect metrics to suppose business decisions, and drive change throughout the organization. Maureen brings over 25 years of experience in IT service and management across real estate, engineering, entertainment, financial, healthcare, and industrial sectors. Her prior roles include the Global Service Desk Director for Westfield Corporation, and IT Executive at Creative Artist Agency (CAA) where she was a member of the senior leadership team driving CAA's technology vision and strategy with a global team. 

Feel free to share any questions you have for our speakers; they'll be addressing them live during the session or here in the community. Don't miss out on this engaging discussion happening on May 15th!

👉🏼 Click the link to register.

We can't wait to see you there! 

Best

Kamakshi

8 replies

Hi Kamakshi!

Thank you for organizing such an inspiring session! I'm really looking forward to joining the conversation and hearing from these incredible women in tech. 

I have a question for the speakers: How do you balance your professional responsibilities with personal commitments, especially in a fast-paced field like technology?

Can't wait for May 15th!

Best,

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello Everyone!

The session is going to begin soon! Looking forward to your participation! 

Should you have any issues logging in, please drop a message here on the thread for us to assist you.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Really looking forward to the session today, one of my questions for our panellists has been, what has been one of the biggest biases you’ve faced as a woman leader? How did you tackle it early on in your career?

Hi all,

I’m logged into the community and on the event page that was sent to me in the invite but there is no video currently. Is the event delayed or am I missing something extra I should do to view the session? 

thanks so much for this session.  it’s been very informative.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @jwleever - there is a link that would have been added on to your calendar! I’ll DM it to you now!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @jwleever 

The session is happening right now. Were you able to login to the session? Could you please try this link and rejoin?
https://freshworks.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Yc6FlZwcTyeslaG4zlxfJQ

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We’re glad @weidnerp - thank you for joining in and participating :)