Product IDEAS Section | FAQs

• 1 November 2023
  • 5 replies
Product IDEAS Section | FAQs
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello Freshworks Community!

Please find the FAQs for the PRODUCT IDEAS section ! Here, you'll find answers to common questions about submitting, sharing, and voting on product ideas. Get the information you need to make the most of your involvement in shaping our products. 

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS 

1. What is the Ideas Section?

The Ideas section on Community is where Freshworks Community members can view, share, submit and vote on freshworks product ideas. This can be feature requests, enhancement to improve the product experience, and more. The goal is to give our community members a voice to share their ideas and get direct feedback from the product team.

1. What can you do in the Ideas Section? 

➡  You can search and view ideas previously submitted

➡  Share your inputs/suggestions on submitted ideas

➡  Vote on existing ideas that you like

➡  Share new ideas

1. What is an Idea? 

An idea is a member-submitted product feature/enhancement request. It is a recommendation/proposal for features not currently on Freshworks products. 

1. How to browse through Ideas? 

On the ideas-section page, you will see a list of ideas that are sorted by recent activity. You can also filter the ideas by ‘most replies’, ‘most votes’ and by products as well. 

1. How to search for Ideas? 

Before submitting a new idea, please search the ideas section to see if an existing idea has been submitted before or similar to your idea. You can use that idea to vote and add your comments within the same idea thread. Submitting a duplicate idea may reduce the number of votes the idea receives.

1. What to do with existing Ideas?

You can comment and/or vote on the ideas, add more details if necessary. Please tag your peers and rope for the ideas you really want to see implemented. You can also subscribe for updates.

1. How to notify if there are duplicate Ideas? 

Please leave a comment on the idea mentioning that it is a duplicate with the relevant thread of the idea. A community moderator will verify and close the duplicate.

1. How to submit a new Idea? 

Use the "Submit an Idea" button on the Ideas section. Select “Idea” in the create a new topic category. Be as accurate and precise as possible and use images if relevant. Also, tag the relevant products so it will be easier for the ideas to take notice. Please be as specific as you can, as that will help our product team to effectively review your idea and see how that fits into our product strategy and roadmap. 

1. What happens to Ideas after they are submitted?

After an idea is submitted, it will be publicly visible to other community members. If they like the idea, they will vote for it. Based on the number of votes and comments, an idea will move through different stages (as mentioned below). 
An idea should have a minimum votes of 15  to be moved to the review stage by product teams - so please get your community peers and colleagues to get voting! 

1. What are the different Idea stages?
  • NEW - New Idea submitted by community members. - teams to review, clarify/more information if necessary.

• OPEN - The idea is being considered by product teams and to update on next stage.

• PLANNED - Idea has been selected and is included in product roadmap.

• IN PROGRESS - Idea is currently being built by the product team.

• IMPLEMENTED - Ideas has been developed.
    ​​​​
  • NOT TAKEN - Idea will not be considered and has been closed.

If you have further questions, please feel free to reach out to us or drop them in the comments below!

Best

Ally

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi. On the Ideas Portal landing page I cannot see "My Ideas" or a "Created" tab. Where is this exactly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi. On the Ideas Portal landing page I cannot see "My Ideas" or a "Created" tab. Where is this exactly?

Same here!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @msconfig87 and @zachary.king - my apologies, that was an error on my part and realized access is not there yet. Please know that this is the first draft of our FAQs and we’re looking to add more - I’d love to hear what are some of the other questions you would like to answered or features on the Product Ideas page?

Please add the if ticket is merged option as a condition in the ticket time trigger section for automations. Currently it’s only listed in the ticket update section and it would be very helpful to our company if it were in both places. Our surveys are currently configured to be sent out using time parameters and this would help our organization alot. Thanks in advance for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello @deleciabilbo - thank you for your suggestion. Please can you add it in as idea? I believe this idea already exists and you can add your vote and feedback there!