Question

Freshservice SSO - Is my Azure Integration tied to my user account?

• 1 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am a new customer. Today I setup SSO and SCIM Provisioning through Azure AD, all worked well without issue. 

However, when setting up Provisioning I had to give an “organization admin” API key. The only one I could find was under my own Fresh Service profile. I could not find one that is user agnostic or tied to a built in administrator role. 

Does this mean if I left the organization that these integrations would fail once my user account was disabled? 

Have I missed something when setting this up? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I am a new customer. Today I setup SSO and SCIM Provisioning through Azure AD, all worked well without issue. 

However, when setting up Provisioning I had to give an “organization admin” API key. The only one I could find was under my own Fresh Service profile. I could not find one that is user agnostic or tied to a built in administrator role. 

Does this mean if I left the organization that these integrations would fail once my user account was disabled? 

Have I missed something when setting this up? 

Yes, I recommend to our customer to have a API/integration  agent account that is account/ORG admin that is not associated to a person. 

Badge

Thanks. Just to make sure I understand. Essentially a service account in my Active Directory environment?

Badge

Errrr service account in FreshService, not AD