Question

Whatsapp Chat Integration

• 9 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Need to know how I can migrate my whatsapp chat to Freshwork before integrating my business whatsapp API. As I understand,I will not be able to use whatsapp in phone if i integrate with freshdesk.
But as an running business I need to access my customer old conversation as well to serve them better

How to handle this?Any suggestion will appreciated?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Safwan :

We do not have solution to import or export your WhatsApp conversations directly to FreshChat if you are going to integrate your number with FreshChat account.

As a workaround, you can take a back-up the Chats/Data from WhatsApp Mobile App / WhatsApp Business Mobile App / Other BSP, and then your Engineers/Devs can try to import it into Freshchat via Conversations API.

Using API calls to create conversations in FreshChat is possible, and please check this document to access the payload: https://developers.freshchat.com/api/#conversations

So in the payload, your team has to pass both user details and chat history and make the calls to create such conversation. So you will have those conversation visible in your Freshchat account.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.