Question

Printing Asset Labels to Network Label Printer

• 10 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Does anyone in the cummunity use a Brother P-Touch network label printer with asset label tape? The benefit to printing labels this way is it can print almost any length we want and have created custom templates depending on asset types.  The issue with the standard label printing out of Freshservice is it doesn’t recognize a label printer like ours.  So i tried doing an export from the inventory list to a CSV file. Then, I map the fields in the CSV to parts of the label template. (See screenshot)

It’s ok, but the process is a bit cumbersome and the export file is sent via email from Freshservice.  Sometimes the email takes 15-20 minutes before it arrives.  Would like to be able to print from Freshservice directly to our label printer with a template that looks like my screenshot if possible.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @dehaege 

Could you please check if the Asset Label Designer app can help you with this?  

Kindly navigate to admin → apps → Asset Label Designer to install the app and check if that helps you with the template.