Solved

Purchase Order Number Question

• 17 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Anyone know if it is possible to change the “Order Number” schema for the Purchase order module?  We don’t want it to start with “PO” as this will get confusing with our actual Finance System PO.  We are going to use the Purchase order Module in FS to track requesting POs from our finance system, so we want to change this schema to not be PO but maybe order number or something.

icon

Best answer by eeha0120 17 October 2023, 21:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Unfortunately, AFAIK, that is not possible.

As a matter of fact, that leads to confusion with systems where real PO are handled.

You may though submit an inquiry to support and see if they mention something else.

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Bummer!  I had a feeling that would be the answer.  I will chat in with Support just to double check, but I haven’t found any way to change it myself either.

Thanks Elvis!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @shannon.mejia -

It doesn’t look as though you can remove the default PO- that is added to your purchase order, however.  I just deleted it and wrote in my own number and FS allowed me to save it and then when I tested again trying to duplicate the PO number FS would not allow it saying the PO number already existed which is good.

Not ideal but better than nothing! 

HTH

Bryn

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks Bryn.  Appreciate you doing the testing!

I knew you can change it and save it.  I read a community post yesterday about using a Webhook to create a PO from the service request, so I might do that and have it auto-populate something so it is never any other number with PO.  

I did chat in with Support also and no there is no way in the backend to change that number. :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Shannon,

I love being in the community bc I often learn new things from hearing about challenges faced by others - we don't use a lot of the features of FS, tbh.

I even checked the PO fields page and there is no way to remove the prefix.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Yeah, it seems so dumb not to be able to change the pre-fix, but it is what it is LOL.  If I get the WFA to help, I will let you all know!