Question

Requester Submission of Multiple-Item Purchase Order

• 13 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We have an internal requisition PDF that our users submit through email for approvals. We want to replace this process in Freshservice so users can submit requests that will eventually become purchase orders. 

I’m having a hard time trying to conceptualize how such a user portal form could capture an itemized list with quantity, subtotal, total for multiple items on the same request.

For instance, a user wants to request a new computer, some office supplies, and a few things not in the service catalog. Like this, maybe:

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello, 

You are looking at using the bundle option. You can enable showing cost and quantity for the service item. 

Each item you are referring to need to a separat item as well. When the requester checks out they will get a summery of the number of items and cost. 

You could have a service item called Other where the requester can use free text to request items not in the catalog​​​

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

That sounds promising!  Can you advise on how a user would order a bundle from the catalog?  How would I set that up?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

That sounds promising!  Can you advise on how a user would order a bundle from the catalog?  How would I set that up?

You can find how do it here https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/199643 ( it’s a bit old UI ) 

Part 2 – To add additional items to a Service Item:” 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

You can find how do it here https://support.freshservice.com/en/support/solutions/articles/199643 ( it’s a bit old UI ) 

I see. Can the user dynamically add “Other” service items as needed, or must I make a bundle with a bunch of “Other” items that the user may or may not use?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I see. Can the user dynamically add “Other” service items as needed, or must I make a bundle with a bunch of “Other” items that the user may or may not use?

You can’t do dynamically bundles they are statics. I would use one Other item where the requester can request by using free text. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Ok, so there doesn’t seem to be a way to do line item ordering, unless the items are specifically built into the service catalog, then. Thanks much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Ok, so there doesn’t seem to be a way to do line item ordering, unless the items are specifically built into the service catalog, then. Thanks much.

No, it’s a not a regular web shop where you can pick what you want and then checkout. 
You need to create static bundles or they need to do request items one by one.