Question

Supervisor Rules - Prevent it to kick off

• 31 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I have a rule which is working where if a customer replies and a ticket is in pending, it will reopen the ticket if it has been more than XX hours (we haven't decided how many hours).  This is working.  

The issue though is if the agent replies and puts it back in pending status, the rule kicks off again, not recognizing the agent replied.  

How do I get it to recognize the agent reply and not re-kick off the rule for this ticket?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Not sure if there is anything in the supervisor rules for you to be able to do this.

you might need to create a workflow something like

Event = Reply from requester
Timer node = 1 hour
Condition - Last comment is agent 
    Yes - do nothing
    No - Set status as Open Etc...

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Shannon.

Hope you’re doing great.

This could be a little tricky.

Usually, or the easiest or most common way to handle this is using both, Supervisor Rules and Workflow Automator rules, following the initial idea of Anthony.

The re-open when a requester responds is usually handled by a Workflow rule, and this may be what you could consider adjusting in your supervisor rule.

In the following thread, you may find several approaches from different colleagues of the Re-open workflow for numerous use cases (there are others, but this was the most recent I recall):

How are you handling the re-opening of tickets when a forwarded requester replies? | Freshworks Community

For the Supervisor rules, then, you don’t need to play with the condition of requester responding.

I think I might have a couple of supervisor rules (a bunch actually, :-D) for what you may be trying to accomplish; not sure, but here is one of them, hoping it works for you:

As you may see, I simply consider the hours since Pending.

If the requester responds, the workflow automatically reopens it.

If the agent replies and set it to Pending again, the hours counter will begin from zero.

The main trick with supervisor rules is the timer.

They are run every hour.

Hence, if using Greater than, every hour since X event occurred will trigger the Supervisor rule, unless you add additional conditions, of course. => Many times, useful when wiling to check old cases or other stuff.

if using Is, only when the specified amount of hours have elapsed since X event occurred will trigger the Supervisor rule. => Once, ensuring it will run only once; you may need to setup a few supervisor rules.

For instance, I have another final supervisor rule for the Pending status:

If the ticket has (Note the Is) some time in Pending status, it will Open the case for the Agent, and sent and email to the Assigned Agent.

You may also play with:

Hours since agent responded

Agent interactions

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,