Skip to main content
Question

Automating Data Export in Freshdesk

I'm currently using Freshdesk as my primary customer support platform and I need to export tickets on a regular basis for reporting purposes. However, manually exporting tickets can be time-consuming and tedious, especially when I need to export large amounts of data.

I'm wondering if it's possible to schedule export tickets in Freshdesk, and if so, how can I set up this feature? Are there any third-party tools or integrations that can help me automate this process?

Specifically, I'm interested in learning about the different scheduling options available in Freshdesk, such as daily, weekly, or monthly exports. How do I determine the best schedule for my needs and ensure that the exported data is up-to-date and accurate?

Additionally, I'm curious about the different export formats supported by Freshdesk, such as CSV, XLS, and PDF. How do I choose the right format for my reporting needs, and what are the benefits and limitations of each format?

Moreover, I'm interested in learning about the security and privacy measures in place for scheduled exports. How can I ensure that the exported data is protected and only accessible to authorized users?

Overall, I would appreciate any insights, tips, and best practices from other community members who have experience with scheduling export tickets in Freshdesk. Thank you in advance for your help!🙏🏼

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @caroljankins 

Greetings from Freshworks community! 

I understand that you would like to have a recurring Export of your tickets with a specific time interval. This can be achieved via Analytics in Freshdesk. You can use this option to schedule the export in Daily, Weekly and Monthly basis. This data will be received in CSV format via API or Email. 

You can learn more about this in this Solution article: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000000033-exporting-your-data-in-analytics 

Freshdesk Analytics also has an option of Exporting Reports of Tickets, you can have the reports customised and have them scheduled for Daily, Weekly and Monthly basis. This can be exported in PDF and CSV format. 

You can learn more about this in this Solution article: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/240703-scheduling-and-subscribing-to-reports-in-analytics 

I hope this helps.

Badge +1

Good!

Can we have an option to automate/schedule the ticket data instead of analytics.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Greetings @vijaykuniyal. Certainly, we would gladly relay this feedback to our product team. Yet, could you please inform us if there are any difficulties or issues with scheduled exports via analytics, so that we may investigate on your behalf?

Please do keep us posted. 

Cheers,
Sujitha Dhanaseelan.
Learn something new today, get recognized for your contributions, stay on top of product updates and build meaningful connections in our Freshdesk community. Fresh ideas, quality service.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @caroljankins  ,

I recommend checking out Help Desk Migration—it offers the option to schedule data migration at your convenience. However, it's best to run your full migration outside of your support team's working hours. This ensures your CSV file will be as accurate as possible, and you'll avoid the need to re-run a data export.

When it comes to format, a CSV file is ideal for both backing up your data and reporting. Since this format is widely supported by most apps, you won't need to convert your data.

It's great that you're looking to streamline your reporting process in Freshdesk! Scheduling ticket exports can indeed save you a lot of time and effort, especially when dealing with large datasets.

Here’s how you can approach this:

1. Scheduling Exports in Freshdesk:

• Freshdesk allows you to automate exports using scheduled reports. You can set up daily, weekly, or monthly schedules depending on your needs. To do this, go to the Analytics section, create a report, and then use the scheduling option to have it automatically emailed to you or your team. The export will include all the data specified in your report, and you can choose the frequency that best fits your workflow.
  2. Choosing the Right Schedule:

• Daily exports are ideal if you need up-to-date information for high-traffic support teams or time-sensitive metrics.
    • Weekly exports might be sufficient for teams that review performance or metrics at a less frequent interval.
    • Monthly exports work well for more strategic, long-term analysis. Consider the reporting cadence your team follows to determine the best schedule.
  3. Export Formats:

• Freshdesk supports multiple formats like CSV, XLS, and PDF.
      • CSV/XLS are great for data manipulation in Excel or Google Sheets and are preferred for detailed analysis.
      • PDF is better for presentations or sharing static reports.
    • Consider what you do with the data post-export. If you’re analyzing or pivoting the data, go for CSV/XLS. For straightforward viewing, PDF works well.
  4. Security and Privacy:

• Freshdesk ensures that exported data can be encrypted and only sent to authorized email addresses. Make sure you’re setting the right permissions for who receives these scheduled exports. Additionally, avoid sending sensitive data to shared or unmonitored inboxes.
  5. Third-Party Tools/Integrations:

• If Freshdesk’s native scheduling doesn’t meet your needs, tools like Zapier or Integromat (now Make) can help automate exports by connecting Freshdesk with your storage or reporting tools. You might also look into using Freshdesk’s API for more custom export routines.

Best Practices:

• Regularly review your scheduled exports to ensure they still meet your needs as your team or reporting requirements evolve.
  • Test your schedules with a small dataset first to confirm everything is set up correctly.
  • Document who has access to these exports to maintain data security.

Hopefully, this gives you a good starting point for automating your exports in Freshdesk. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions or need further details! Apne tv

Badge

I’m currently using Freshdesk for customer support and need to export tickets regularly for reporting. I’d like to automate this process to save time. Does Freshdesk offer a way to schedule ticket exports? If so, how can I set this up for daily, weekly, or monthly intervals?

I’m also interested in any third-party tools or integrations that can help with automation. Additionally, could you provide guidance on the different export formats Freshdesk supports (CSV, XLS, PDF), and how to choose the best one for my reporting needs?

Lastly, what security measures are in place for scheduled exports to ensure data protection and accessibility?

Thanks for any insights or tips you can share!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Henry4u,

Greetings from Freshworks community. You can certainly schedule reports to receive data regularly. Please refer https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/240703-scheduling-reports-in-analytics on how you can setup the schedule Daily, weekly and Monthly. 

You can get the data in CSV or PDF and based on your requirement you can choose the type of data type.

Regarding scheduled exports in Freshdesk , its protected by encryption and secure access controls. All data in transit is encrypted using HTTPS with TLS 1.2. I hope this helps!

Badge

"I’m currently using Freshdesk for customer support and need to export tickets regularly for reporting. I’d like to automate this process to save time. Does Freshdesk offer a way to schedule ticket exports? If so, how can I set this up for daily, weekly, or monthly intervals?

I’m also interested in any third-party tools or integrations that can help with automation. Additionally, could you provide guidance on the different export formats Freshdesk supports (CSV, XLS, PDF), and how to choose the best one for my reporting needs?

Lastly, what security measures are in place for scheduled exports to ensure data protection and accessibility?

For more information on customer support automation and tools, visit Konferensbokarna.

Thanks for any insights or tips you can share!"

Badge

"I’m currently using Freshdesk for customer support and need to export tickets regularly for reporting. I’d like to automate this process to save time. Does Freshdesk offer a way to schedule ticket exports? If so, how can I set this up for daily, weekly, or monthly intervals?

Thanks for any insights or tips you can share!"

It's great to hear you're looking to automate the ticket export process in Freshdesk! Yes, Freshdesk does offer options to schedule ticket exports, which can be set up for daily, weekly, or monthly intervals. You can do this through the "Export Tickets" feature in the Analytics section by selecting the filters and schedule that suit your reporting needs.

To automate this, you can explore third-party integrations like Zapier or Integromat, which can connect Freshdesk with other platforms and automate tasks, including data exports.

Regarding formats, Freshdesk supports CSV, XLS, and PDF exports. CSV and XLS are great for in-depth data analysis and compatibility with other software, while PDF is more suitable for sharing and presentations. Choosing the right format depends on how you plan to use the data.

For security, ensure that you have proper role-based access controls set up in Freshdesk to protect sensitive information and limit data access to authorized users only.

Hopefully, these insights help streamline your reporting process! specsavers tinnitus treatment