Skip to main content
Question

Empty Description Field within Employee Onboarding Request

• 26 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all, I am currently experiencing an issue with my employee on-boarding form in regards to implementing it in an automation workflow. The issue is documented as follows with the following screenshots.

Workflow for this process

The process goes as follows

• Service request is raised
  • Condition node checks to see if the subject is an employee on-boarding request
  • An email is then sent out using placeholder fields, which is the ticket subject, ID and ticket description.

However,

Body of the email in the action node.

Thankfully, the flow works successfully, barring one issue which is the ticket description is not received.

Email

Upon checking the ticket itself however to see why this might be, I noticed the actual description field was empty.

Empty Ticket Description

Is there anyway to update the Ticket description field to contain the employee information or get the employee information into the email another way.

1 reply

Badge +5

I’d be interested to know this as I am having difficulty when submitting an Onboarding Request via the Freshservice API to get the Employee Information or Description to populate.

Getting this field data from the API also proves troublesome so if I need to use a workaround via a Workflow Automation similar to the above then I’d love to hear back from someone in the know.