Question

Setting Additional Attribute Values during Azure AD Orchestration - Create User

• 1 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a ticket open with FS support but to this point they haven’t been very helpful in resolving this issue. Hoping someone here in the community can help.

Long story short, I am looking to provision new users as part of our user onboarding workflow automation to our Azure AD tenant. While I’ve largely worked out most of the kinks, I’ve found there are a number of additional properties/attributes to the user accounts that I’d like to also automatically set when the automation creates the users. I thought this would be easy, but nope… it hasn’t.

In my situation, I need to set a value for the user’s telephone number as part of their standard provisioning. The value doesn’t have to be anything specific, just that it has a non-null value. The reason is because we have cascading group memberships that largely hinge on the user having a telephone number before any of those permissions and memberships will take effect. Since FreshService’s app orchestration doesn’t have a built-in field for telephoneNumber I figured I would need to set it in the “custom attributes” field like what I had done for mailNickName. Despite my efforts, I can’t get the automation to work. See below. 

What am I doing wrong here? How can I get this value set when I create the user? We are currently doing this manually, but that is a time sink with how many onboardings we process for something I should be able to set automatically. 

1 reply

Badge +2

Have you tried using the App from Effy? I am working on importing some custom fields, but I get most things