Question

MY email are not syncing with CRM?

• 9 December 2021
  • 3 replies

First we have to add contact for this or how we can synchronize  my Email?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, 

Greetings from the Freshworks Community!

The email sync between your personal mailbox and Freshsales can work either 1-way sync (Emails sent from Freshsales will be synced to your mailbox) or 2-way sync (email sent/received in both the apps will be synced). 

The emails from your mailbox will be synced to the CRM only when there is an existing lead/contact present with the same email address. If not, the emails will not be synced. Once the integration is successful, you can also import the historic emails from the mailbox to the CRM. 

Please refer to the support articles below for your reference, 

1. How to connect my email with the web application?
  2. How to sync past emails with your web application?

I hope this helps. Please do refer to these articles and let us know in case of further queries, our team will be happy to help out. 

Have a good day!

Hello, 

Greetings from the Freshworks Community!

The email sync between your personal mailbox and Freshsales can work either 1-way sync (Emails sent from Freshsales will be synced to your mailbox) or 2-way sync (email sent/received in both the apps will be synced). 

The emails from your mailbox will be synced to the CRM only when there is an existing lead/contact present with the same email address. If not, the emails will not be synced. Once the integration is successful, you can also import the historic emails from the mailbox to the CRM. 

Please refer to the support articles below for your reference, 

1. How to connect my email with the web application?
  2. How to sync past emails with your web application?

I hope this helps. Please do refer to these articles and let us know in case of further queries, our team will be happy to help out. 

Have a good day!

I am struggling with this right now and don’t understand this logic…

Why would new leads and incoming mail not be brought into the CRM? The CRM is the place it actually needs to be to begin processing things. 

So I need to get an email in my main Gmail, then set that user up in the CRM before their email can show up in the CRM?? This might be a dealbreaker if thats the case.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello, 

Thanks for writing back. 

Please find the different scenarios through which a contact can be auto-created via emails. 

1. To auto-create contacts via outgoing emails - To do this, navigate to profile settings (on the top right corner) > click on the “Settings” option > enable the checkbox for “Auto-create contacts via email”, this way, whenever a new email is sent out from Freshsales, a contact will be automatically created and this email will be linked to the specific contact. 

2. To auto-create contacts when an email is sent from personal mailbox (gmail/outlook etc) - To achieve this, you can add the alpha-numeric email address present in your profile settings in the BCC of any email you send out from your mailbox, this will create a contact in the CRM and link the email with it. The auto-create contacts checkbox should be enabled for this case too. 

1. To auto-create contacts via incoming email from any new customer - To achieve this click on the “Incoming emails” section under admin settings. 

I hope these options will be helpful. Kindly check and let me know in case of further queries.