Question

Neo Admin Center - 6 months of pain

• 22 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I wanted to start an open discussion about the Neo Admin Center (AKA: OrgV2). 

We were asked to ‘upgrade’ to the Neo Admin Portal in August ‘21 and have been struggling with it since. These three major problems are creating a lot of extra work for us:

Customers not receiving activation/password reset emails

This is due to these emails being sent from freshworks.com. Before the Neo Admin Center these emails used our domain to send these emails. Many of our customers block emails from freshworks.com. The outcome of this is a large increase of tickets to resolve such issues. I would be interested if anybody else has experienced this.

Customers asking for confirmation that a password reset or activation email is legitimate

When a customer activates their contact or asks for a password reset they receive an email from freshworks.com with nothing in the body of the email to identify that it’s from us. This leads to them raising a ticket with our Customer Support asking to confirm this. Being able to customise the sending email address to one of ours and allowing us to edit the content of the activation/password reset email to help identify that it’s from our company would stop this.

All Admins being spammed with 2FA reset requests from Contacts

We have a large instance of 680 Agents covering multiple departments with a dozen of them with Admin permissions. When a contact requests a two factor authentication reset all of admins get an email making it very hard to properly manage (Multiple admins react to the reset causing contacts to receive numerous resets). Surely it would be more sensible to be able to configure an email address for these resets allowing them to be directed into a ticket?

We have open enhancements for these requests and were promised they would be actioned promptly but so far nothing has been done. 

I would be interested in any other feedback from Freshworks customers on the subject of the Neo Admin Center.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ChrisF You bring up some very good issues. Ones that we also have been facing since the migration. I would like to say that I am a big advocate of the freshworks suite of products, but I do feel that for freshservice the change to the new ORG structure came with some issues. For a platform that is email driven, such as freshservice, removing the ability to manage email notifications from the platform administrators is cause for serious concern. I am sure that most organizations put a lot of weight in their level of communication with their end users and have for years preferred to tailor those notifications to help users trust their sources. Also not having the ability to reduce the “noise” of notifications can be aggravating for the admins as well as the end users. So yes!!!!! This needs some immediate attention in my opinion. 

One other area that I would like to add to is that navigation within the Neo Admin Center is lacking - Not having the ability to search user by first and last name is a major oversight. There is no way we could know the email addresses of all of our users. Implementing “Search” to work like it does in the platform would offer some intuitiveness that is currently missing in the Admin Center.

I will say that I do like that all our our products and users are now housed under one umbrella, so if we could get some functionality back in the Admin Center I think it would be a big win for a lot of people!!!

Take care my friends!

@ChrisF and @zachary.king,

First of all, thanks for raising your concerns on what is working and what is not working well with our Neo Admin Center. Your feedback helps us tailor our products for your use cases better. 

Points 1 and 2: (reset password email)

While the ability to customize the contents of the email could take a little while for us to implement, we will definitely look into using your own email as the from address to begin with. I will get back to you with a more concrete timeline & ETA after a little bit of due diligence.

Point 3: (All admins receiving 2FA request emails)

There is a good suggestion of using a custom email address to be sent to for all 2FA reset request instead of sending the request to all admins. I will look into the possible solutions to fix this for you.

Point 4: (Managing email notifications)

We are already working on creating an admin UI for you to be able to better manage what email notifications to be sent and we intend to ship this in Q2 2022. I will revert with a more concrete timeline.

Point 5: (Searching for users with firstname / lastname)

We are going to fix this in our Q2 2022 release.

Thanks,

Ravi Madabhushi

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Ravi_Madabhushi Really appreciate the update and look forward to seeing these improvements!!! Thank you :D

Badge +1

@ChrisF Did you ever hear anything further on this with regards to password resets coming from a ‘freshworks.com’ domain? This causes our customers frustration and confusion as they are not to be expecting emails from Freshworks.

@Ravi_Madabhushi Do you have any updates on the above as this issue is still present today?

Thanks.

@LukeC Yes, we did implement this functionality where we can let our customers choose their pre-configured domain to send the password reset emails (and all other Neo Admin Center) emails. Can you reach out to your account manager so that we can enable it to your account too, if you would like to use this?

Also, if you can send me a note on your specific use case regarding your customers getting emails from Freshworks.com, I may be able to help you better.

Thanks,
Ravi