Question

add button or menu option?

• 22 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, I got a question from a customer who asks if it possible to add a direct link to the change calender from within the menu, or from within the dropdown menu at the top right.

Is there any possibility to add a menu button in the left menu?

Or to add a menu-item to the “My Work” dropdown? 

Looking forward to hear from you!

GreetZ!

Chris.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

I don't believe an option could be added to My Work.

I don’t believe either that an option could be added to the left menu.

However, adding options to the right menu would be possible through developing a custom App. Maybe, and I’m not sure about it, developing a custom App would also allow to add an option to the left menu.

I’d suggest to request help to support on this.

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @Chris S. 

Hope you are well!

I’m afraid as @eeha0120 pointed out, It is not possible to add an option to the left menu-pane or on the right-side in the “My Tasks” dropdown. I highly doubt even by using a custom app it would be possible. As Custom app could bring about modifications in List view, View Pages and New Ticket Page.

You can always get some help here: https://community.freshworks.dev/ 

Apologies for not being of much help!

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @Chris S. if you were to use a full_page custom app, that would render an icon on the left sidebar, you could write an application that interacts with the freshservice API and a calendar framework that would allow you to populate change requests based on their maintenance window, blackout windows, and start and end dates. Would take some work for sure but is doable I think!