Solved

Moving tickets to other workspaces and the visibility for the previous agent

• 2 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello everyone :)

is it possible to move a ticket to another workspace and then adding the previous agent as a watcher?

I didn’t see an option to do that nor does the workflow automator seem to allow this.

We’ll have agents for each workspace and they’re supposed to be confined in their respective workspaces; so straight up giving them access to the other workspaces is unfortunately not an option for us.

edit:
In the workflow automator we can set an action to add specific watchers to the ticket after it is moved to another workspace, but we need it to auto-pick the agent that originally grabbed the ticket.

icon

Best answer by robertromario 3 April 2024, 09:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Yooji,

Maybe the below solution can help.

1, Create a custom dropdown field, for example: Event performing user and make it as a data source with agents.

2, Create a workflow automator with the below configuration.

Event:

Web request (Node 2):

You can find the API field name for the custom field using this API call - Service Desk API for Developers | Freshservice
You can find the placeholders for event performing agent ID in the “insert placeholder” option - above the body field.

I would suggest using “?bypass_mandatory=true” at the end of the endpoint URL which will help execute the API call without any errors like missing a mandatory field.

3, Action:

I am using the placeholder of the custom field (which currently holds the agent's name who updated the workspace field) as the watcher value.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @robertromario !

We’ll give this one a go and report back :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Good one, sad there are no way to remove :( 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just finished testing and it worked flawlessly, thank you again @robertromario !