Solved

Requestor Change Email

• 14 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I want to send a notification email when the requestor on the ticket is changed. What trigger can I use in the Condition widget in the Workflow Automator? Is there a different way to do this?

icon

Best answer by michaelmartel 15 June 2023, 18:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Michael.

De facto, in Workflows you can use a trigger when a ticket is modified/updated, but the data available is the new data.

You can’t, AFAIK, manage OLD and NEW values.

Being that said, what I can suggest would be, creating a custom field, and in that field, upon creation, update it with the ticket requester email.

Then, in a Workflow triggered on Update, you would need to compare the values of the ticket requester email against the value of your custom field with the creator email, and then, if the contents differ, you may perform your required Action to Send an Email.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Michael.

De facto, in Workflows you can use a trigger when a ticket is modified/updated, but the data available is the new data.

You can’t, AFAIK, manage OLD and NEW values.

Being that said, what I can suggest would be, creating a custom field, and in that field, upon creation, update it with the ticket requester email.

Then, in a Workflow triggered on Update, you would need to compare the values of the ticket requester email against the value of your custom field with the creator email, and then, if the contents differ, you may perform your required Action to Send an Email.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Thanks, that’s very useful. I will try it out.