Question

Can I manage ticket conversations via outlook email?

• 11 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi

I’m a Freshdesk ‘newbie’. We are using the platform as a helpdesk to manage some contract creation with our various clients. It’s useful to keep the audit trail of all the dialogue, search for past work etc.

My question is actually simple. I have set up freshdesk to send notification emails to my preferred email address. I would prefer to manage the ticket dialogue with the customer via email, rather than login to the web URL.

1. Is there a way that I can have a two-way dialogue via email (outlook) and the emails all drop into the ticket audit trail?
  1. If not, does Freshdesk have a desktop app that I can use to manage the tickets, rather than login to the web url?

Thanks

Mark

1 reply

es, you can manage ticket conversations via Outlook email. There are a few different ways to do this:

• Use the Outlook add-ins for help desk ticketing systems. There are a number of help desk ticketing systems that offer Outlook add-ins. These add-ins allow you to create tickets from emails, track the status of tickets, and collaborate with other team members on tickets. Some popular help desk ticketing systems with Outlook add-ins include:
    • Freshdesk
    • HubSpot Service Hub
    • Zendesk
    • Jira Service Management
  • Use the Outlook built-in features. Outlook has a number of built-in features that can be used to manage ticket conversations. These features include:
    • The Conversation view: This view shows all of the emails in a conversation in a single window.
    • The Flag feature: This feature allows you to flag emails as important so that you can easily track them.
    • The Follow Up feature: This feature allows you to set reminders for yourself to follow up on emails.
  • I am personally using freshdesk for my blogging site and the results are amazing.