Question

Auto Reply Email per User's Group

Hey,

I would like to set up an automatic email to the customer when a specific group is set on Freshdesk and was wondering if that is even possible as we’re having trouble setting up the automation. Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Badge +3

I can try to help with this.  If your tickets are assigned to a specific group when it is created.  You can use a ticket Creation Automation. This is very basic. 

On these ticket properties would be In Tickets if Group Is then enter the group. 

Then Perform these actions Send email to Requester

If your tickets are manually updated you would have to use a Ticket Updates Automation. 

Same Concept but you would have When an action performed by. (agent) Involves any of these events Group is updated from None (or Any) to Groups name. Then you can add properties of the ticket.  Perform these actions: Send email to requester. 

The thing that always gets me is the order of the automations.  Depending on what order you have it set may effect how the automation works. 

Hope this helps!

Sara

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @akinsus,

Good day to you. In additon to the above suggestions, While configuring automation, you'll be able to add placeholders by clicking on the green plus icon in the text editor. Please refer https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/52630-understanding-dynamic-content-and-placeholders#:~:text=complete%20list%20of-,placeholders,-available%20in%20Freshdesk for the list of available placeholders that you can use. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Yusuf Ahmed