Skip to main content
Question

Getting custom_field from Service Catalog

• 24 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I’m struggling in to get custom fields from “/api/v2/service_catalog/items” this command. I don’t see any custom fields when I use this address. Is there any filtering to get them?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You need to add the ID of the service item you want to view the custom fields on. 

/api/v2/service_catalog/items/[display_id]

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@alyssia.correa move the post please 

Badge

Thanks, it works but this just gives me information about its overall structure. I’d like to know what data contains in each individual ticket from specific Service Catalog.

For example, agent made a custom service catalog with 18 custom fields which contain name, description, address, etc. Once the agent hit “Request” button, it makes those fields in a ticket. However, the problem is when I look into the ticket even in custom fields, I don’t see anything related these custom fields.

Badge

Oh okay, I found there is a “View Requested Items of a Service. /api/v2/tickets/[id]/requested_items This exactly provides information I need. But seems like this command only generates with a single ticket. Is there a way to get all the list of items of it without using each “id”? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Oh okay, I found there is a “View Requested Items of a Service. /api/v2/tickets/[id]/requested_items This exactly provides information I need. But seems like this command only generates with a single ticket. Is there a way to get all the list of items of it without using each “id”? 

You needed for the ticket, no there are no way to do it :( 

I hope we can do it with loops when they will be added to FS. 

It’s why I rarely have more then one service item per ticket