Sticky ASK THE EXPERT

WATCH ON DEMAND - Ask your questions to IT/ESM Subject Matter Expert , Alex Tran

• 17 August 2023
  • 20 replies
WATCH ON DEMAND - Ask your questions to IT/ESM Subject Matter Expert , Alex Tran
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello everyone!

I’m really pleased to announce our first ever Q&A session with our IT/ESM Subject Matter Expert (SME) @alexandertran on Tuesday, August 29th at 5.30PM CET |9PM IST| 8.30AM PT.

The Q&A sessions are meant to be open-ended sessions where our community members can directly interact with our SME in a live session and ask anything related to the product - whether it’s upcoming features, product enhancements or current trends in the IT and Enterprise Service Management industry!  

But first, I’d love to introduce Alex and share a little more about him below:

Alex Tran
Lead - Solution Engineer, Freshworks

Alex is a Solution Engineer at Freshworks where he specializes in the Freshservice product. He consistently works with customers on existing and new ways to leverage the platform to deliver business value. Alex has a decade of IT experience where he most recently was a consultant at ServiceNow and prior to that has held various IT practitioner roles at SAP and J.P. Morgan. Outside of Freshworks, Alex spends his free time playing sports, cooking, or hanging out with his pets, Lilo and Stitch.

I’m also listing some of the product and industry specific areas that you can reach out to him for:

• Product specific areas:  Apps and Marketplace Integrations, Enterprise Service Management, Automation and Workflows, Virtual Agents, Chatbots, and AI, Collaborative Tools

• Industry specific areas: Scaling and IT Organizations, Employee Self-Service Strategies, Best Practices in ITIL

Please drop in some of your questions ahead of the session so Alex can take a look and we look forward to seeing you live at the session! In case you are unable to attend, please leave them here and he will be sure to address them on the call or here!

Register for the session here: 👇🏼⬇

​​

WATCH THE RECORDING HERE 🎥

Thanks,

Ally

20 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello Everyone!

We are so excited to be hosting the first ever SME Live Q&A session for you’ll!
Please drop your questions below for @alexandertran !!

Tagging some of our ITSM folkss!

@Joost van den Reek @keefe.andrews @patricksawyer @rubi.odell @mark.uther @sophie @pproost @nbeysen @jbermudez @keith @Sham @Bex @zachary.king @stacyv @i.cameron @rubi.odell @BrynCYDEF @Denise.S.P @mmccoy @jluna @liamsawyer @Suki @shannon.mejia @PatrickMurphy @eeha0120 @Stague71 @jpeters @Joshua.Lawrence @zackzack @jsynotte @Klindhardt @LucasHansson @Russell Ho-Aitken @MichaelaZ @raymondcanilao @SLuethi @leighw @benp @jens.hartmann @kirstyende @FabriceV @apassey @ammon.nelson @EZTech @fabian.arlt @dengstrom @Heath @zachscott @Maxime Moreau @osimon 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

AI and virtual agents are definitely the future of service delivery. But will we see a trend like we did with call centres? Where services were outsourced abroad and customers wanted a local accent or dialect, so the service was pulled back.

Do you see this happening with AI or do you think it is here to stay? Will the market demand a human as an initial point of contact? Or is that just a sign that the existing AI models can be a bit clunky. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Also, Lilo & Stitch.. Epic!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Russell Ho-Aitken - couldn’t agree more! Lilo & Stitch are adorable!! Also, thanks for the great question! Alex will take that up in the session - hope to see you there!

PS - We will share the event link soon!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

What is the future plans for Knowledge Management in Freshservice?  Some of the features FreshDesk offers (like templates) would be wonderful for Freshservice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey folks, we have the event up, please do register here: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Tagging some more of our ITSM folks, we’d love to meet you at the session:

@Daniel Söderlund @JTAVOLARO @edward.kim @jbergman @malokt @maghed @BobbyBMore @EricRoeland @dezarno @sccit @Gerald @maarten @Maarten Vlasblom @abigayle.paulson @Djrcoding @theophilo.camargo @Rsomers @monika.hipp @Corporate Ladder @afautley @VitaMike @BSJFW @Chris Sherlock @ncambanis @adriaperez @Pascal Rosin @phodgkinson 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Russell Ho-Aitken  - Great topic for the event and yes Lilo & Stitch are adorable!

@shannon.mejia - Happy to speak about our new enhancements with Knowledge Management and what’s expected to come. I would also recommend checking out our upcoming event with one of our Freshservice product managers - Webinar - What's new in Freshservice?

I look forward to meeting and chatting with you all! Keep the topics/questions coming 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Aww @alexandertran - they are SO cute!! 😍

Badge +2

Hi Alex,

I am a fan of the product and am setting it up for our organization.

However, i frequently run into limitations or missing fundamental product features. Let me throw a bullet list at you:

• on every tabular view (tickets, assets,..) the table column width should be freely adjustable, sortable on each column, memorizing the setting until next return.
  • ability to filter a ticket list for any parameter. e.g. currently i cannot filter on last modified or closed timestamps, nor on “No of impacted customers”. nor can i use inverted filtering like “show me all tickets that are not assigned to group HR agents”
  • ability to adjust the right pane (properties) width when viewing a ticket. (looks really awkward on big screens)
  • ability to merge branches (after conditions) from a workflow back into a “main” sequence of actions
  • missing an “Add Asset to Ticket” action (in workflows) to add an asset to a (service request or incident) Ticket
  • create a substring function that allows extraction based on length rather than start and end position: substring(“text”, startpos, numchars)
  • when a ticket is assigned to an agent directly, why does the “ticket assigned to group” fire?
  • create a built in function in the “Service Desk Settings” to manage languages and their translations. the download of yml and re-upload is cumbersome.
  • ability to ignore “computers” in the Intune App
  • ability to switch off the “status page”

i must admit, that i did not check if an what is already on a product enhancement request list and what not.

br, stague71

Hello there,

Thanks for the opportunity to ask questions.
We would like to add WhatsApp as another communication channel for our incoming tickets in FreshService.
Is this possible? What is the best way to obtain this?

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thank you @Stague71 @osimon for the questions, we’ll be sure to answer them! We hope to see you at the live session where you can interact directly with Alex and ask him any other queries you may have! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello @alexandertran - looking forward to your session today. These are some of my questions below:

1. Why should customers choose Freshservice over other competitors?

2. How are Freshservice customers leveraging other Freshworks products today?

3. What is the most underutilized feature of Freshservice?

4. What is the most exciting feature for you on the Freshservice roadmap?

Thanks in advance! 

Kate

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello Everyone!

We’re really excited for the first SME Live Q&A session with @alexandertran 

Just 1 hr to go! 💥 🙂

If you haven’t registered, please do it now 👉🏽

Where is the link to the live Q and A? I believe it should be running now.

Unable to find link in invite. Can someone please share 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello @Prathamesh K & @JeffP 

Could you please try logging in using this link?

https://freshworks.zoom.us/s/96632577653

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey Everyone!

The Q&A session is now LIVE 💥

Please sign up to this link https://freshworks.zoom.us/s/96632577653 and join the session now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @Kamakshi V and @alyssia.correa any chance this session was recorded and available to the community members who missed the session?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @zachary.king : Yes ofcourse, we’ll send the session your way. These sessions are available on request since they are an informal sessions with casual conversations and questions from our members. Please check your inbox!