Restrict Registration Based On Domain

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

35 replies

Just wondering if this ever became a thing.  I'm currently trialing Fresh Service and this was the very first option I went looking for, but haven't seen a solution within the admin panel yet.

I would like to restrict access to users within my domain, and while I see that there is a signup mechanism available, it would be very much preferable if I could simply permit the domain as a whole.

This seems like a must-have feature, for me.

1. I am currently piloting FreshDesk, and this topic is big for me. We have students on a separate google email domain from our staff, but it looks like student can "login with google" for freshdesk just as easily as staff. I do not want the students to be able to login using their google credentials. 

I guess I could just block our freshdesk domain in the web filter... That is an option if Freshdesk support is unable to filter "login with google"  by domain.

Thanks Vijay but I prefer to keep it lean in the sense that, since we're a Google Apps organization, I'd abhor tacking on additional SSO solutions when Google Apps already affords this capability through OAuth.

I'm probably not alone when I say that this is the only method I'd consider.

Hey Dave

Sorry for the trouble and we really don't want to disappoint our customers

We can restrict such domain based Logins using some IDP - Identity Providers like OneLogin or OKTA, which can tie up with your Domains and set such restrictions

I will see if there are such options and will surely keep you updated, but you could also check it and update us

regards
Vijay

Bump.

I too "am much disappoint" since other in-house OAuth tools allow us to restrict to a domain. The "workaround", which is to disable OAuth login (read: "Log in with Google" button), and have people use the app drawer, is rather lame.

I'm very impressed with the Freshservice tool though and can only cross my fingers that this doesn't sit on the roadmap for another six months...

Requester registration should also be blocked by domain in the case of an email forward that gets automatically converted into a ticket. The email forwarded could have an unwanted external domain listed in the head of the email, sending a requester registration email to that external user in addition to the actual requesting user within the domain.

Zendesk offer this i'm sure FreshService should

I think either of these solutions would be ideal.  We're using Freshdesk internally and I would love to be able to allow our users to sign-up, but only to our domain.

I think that the best solution is have a"Register Request" state for a new user, otherwise every user can register and see everything (Solutions, Tickets..ecc..)

That's a pretty valid point you have raised Kyle. I have put this forward to the team and this has been added to the roadmap. Thanks and my apologies for the delay in replying to you.