Solved

Can't create dynamic section fields in Admin -> FIeld Manager -> Ticket FIelds and need some advice

• 8 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello, 

I have been looking to find a way to add a dynamic section to the main ticket form (I believe the url goes like https://helpdesk.teamname.org/support/tickets/new) but I couldn’t find a way. (On the other hand, I was able to do it for Service Catalog items). 

Anyway, I found this article and followed the step to go to Admin → FIeld Manager → Ticket Fields. Then I added a Dropdown field for testing but I couldn't locate (+) icon as shown in below screenshot.  

Could you please confirm if it’s possible or not to add a dynamic section here? We’ve been looking to update the main ticket form so it will as convenient as possible for both users and agents. 

P.S. I just checked again on my Service Catalog items and instead of (+) sign as shown in the above screenshot/article, it now shows ‘Add a dynamic section’ (likely update)

Thank you and pease let me know if you have an questions or more info. 

icon

Best answer by jonathan.allison 13 June 2023, 18:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello,

I think you might be mixing up the field manager for tickets(incidents) and service catalogue items. In the service catalogue you do indeed get the choice of “add dynamic section” that’s not the case for the field manager.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello,

I think you might be mixing up the field manager for tickets(incidents) and service catalogue items. In the service catalogue you do indeed get the choice of “add dynamic section” that’s not the case for the field manager.

Thank you very much for clarification, Lucas. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @edward.kim 

You should be able to add dynamic content sections on the ticket fields page for the incident form as well as service catalogue items. We have quite a few on our ticket fields to help with incident info.

Having said that...it’s not currently letting me create any new ones, only edit existing ones, so not sure if there’s currently an issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @edward.kim 

You should be able to add dynamic content sections on the ticket fields page for the incident form as well as service catalogue items. We have quite a few on our ticket fields to help with incident info.

Having said that...it’s not currently letting me create any new ones, only edit existing ones, so not sure if there’s currently an issue.

Hi Jonathan 

I just found after you add a dropdown, you first have to save it. Then (+) sign will appear when you hover your mouse next to that field. You also cannot delete the field if it has child in there (you have to delete that first).