Question

Issue with not being able to send a reply to ticket

• 12 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi,

Wondering if anyone else has experienced issues with sending a reply to a ticket. Every once in a while Ill put in my reply and then try clicking send and it just does not work. Button looks like it was clicked but no reply is sent. I need to reload the page to be able to send. 

Sometimes I dont notice it was not sent until days later!

Seems to happen more when I am working quickly.

I am also in communication with support but wondered if it happened with anyone else.

Thanks.

6 replies

Badge

It is everyone on our account, including myself who has all permissions.

Also after it happens then refreshing the page it starts working on that ticket so I dont think it is permissions.

I suspect it is something to do with the draft saving and then screwing up the send button.

Was just curious if anyone else has run into that issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@chelminen

Thank you for reaching out!

Can you check if you have enabled “Reply to ticket” permission in the assigned to your profile. Also, please make sure you are a member of the group that the ticket belongs to. If you are an observer, you will not have permissions to reply/work on the ticket. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi.

It seems a browser issue.

Try clearing cookies and cache every once in a while.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

As @eeha0120 said, cookies and check your browser is up to date! 

Badge

Same thing happens after clearing everything. Also a different browser, different user, and different computer didnt help anything.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@chelminen, it sounds like a. permissions issue

• Is it one user or multiple?
  • If it’s multiple, is the the same for all of them? If so what do they have in common
  • Is it just a specific group that’s impacted?
  • Is it a specific ticket, or all tickets, regardless of category, type or group?