Question

Placeholders not working when you clone a Action Node or copy placeholders between emails/notes

• 5 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Forum,

Has any noticed that if you have a system placeholder in a Action Node and you either clone the action node or copy the placeholder between emails/notes that the placeholders will bug out and not work 100% of the time?

Only when you delete the action node and create it from scratch will it work?

I have quiet an in-depth workflow tropologizes in place within Freshservice and have noticed when cloning action nodes or coping action nodes there's no consistency when a placeholder will work or not work…

For Example: a placeholder will work in 4 emails in the same action node, but on the 5th email in the same action node it wont work..

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I’ve had it sometimes when the nodes do not add…

however i have noticed that it is because i have not clicked it when the arrow is visible. 

One thing i have noticed is that when you clone some nodes the display name stays the same. other times it gets re-written to the default node title

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Forum,

Has any noticed that if you have a system placeholder in a Action Node and you either clone the action node or copy the placeholder between emails/notes that the placeholders will bug out and not work 100% of the time?

Only when you delete the action node and create it from scratch will it work?

I have quiet an in-depth workflow tropologizes in place within Freshservice and have noticed when cloning action nodes or coping action nodes there's no consistency when a placeholder will work or not work…

For Example: a placeholder will work in 4 emails in the same action node, but on the 5th email in the same action node it wont work..

Hi.

If you have managed to confirm (reproduce) this, then I suggest to submit this to support as a bug, in order they can fix it.

Regards,