Question

Pre-populated ticket fields

• 22 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi All,

I have tryied multiple time with the tickets already on the subject but I can't do what I want.

From the home page designer in FreshService, I'd like to integrate a card that would direct users to the ticket creation form, but with a pre-filled ticket category and Urgency.

I tried with this URL:

https://helpdesk.example.com/support/tickets/new?Urgency=Medium&category=technical%20service

Of course i replace helpdesk.example.com by my helpdesk url.

Except that when I try this URL, it doesn't work at all , I arrive on the new ticket page but nothing is pre-filled, if you ever have a solution, thank you for your help!

7 replies

Yes I have the exact same request, we are trying to set up a second workspace for another department and ideally we would like to have a card on the support portal which directs them to log a request through that department without needing to select the relevant area.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Yes I have the exact same request, we are trying to set up a second workspace for another department and ideally we would like to have a card on the support portal which directs them to log a request through that department without needing to select the relevant area.

There are java scripts that allow you to populate fields. 
Som fields works out of the box like subject. ?subject=Hello
You can select the workspace as well ?workspace_id=<id of the workspace>

Badge

Hi Daniel ! Thanks for your help on this ! 

subject is working well ;-).

I have multiples questions :

1. How can i find the good parameter for category and urgency for javascript ?
  2. How can i find the id of the differents fiels , for category and urgency in FreshService ?

Thanks for your help !

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Daniel ! Thanks for your help on this ! 

subject is working well ;-).

I have multiples questions :

1. How can i find the good parameter for category and urgency for javascript ?
  2. How can i find the id of the differents fiels , for category and urgency in FreshService ?

Thanks for your help !

I think I remember a post here on the forum regarding a script. 

Badge

I have tried with your ticket : 

But when i type this :

https://myitsm.com/support/tickets/new?category=Technical%20Services&sub_category=Improvement

Its not populating the category and sub category , but with the subject its working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I have tried with your ticket : 

But when i type this :

https://myitsm.com/support/tickets/new?category=Technical%20Services&sub_category=Improvement

Its not populating the category and sub category , but with the subject its working.

It was @Rutger Bockholts who created the script. 

Badge

Thanks @Daniel Söderlund , @Rutger Bockholts if you can help me on this please.

The main issue is we have a portal with 2 cards , the first one is used for the “IT Support contact” and the second one is used for the “technical services support contact” , and as far as i understand if i use your script in : Helpdesk Rebranding - Customize Custom Portal - Layout & Pages - Portal Pages - New Ticket , it will modify the standard comportement of the “new tickets card” if i unerstand well ?