Solved

Removing service request from new menu

• 13 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello,

Is there any way to hide the “Request a Service” option in the New menu on the Portal site?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by eeha0120 13 June 2023, 06:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

I’d actually recommend contacting support for this.

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@kse27, There are two ways to do this and that is related if you have publish the portal via the new no-node designer already.

1. You have published the no-code designer already: If you open “Service Desk Rebranding” in the Admin menu, click on “Customize Support Portal“. Click on the background color behind the cards. On the right hand side you'll see the available cards/options. With a click on the eye icon behind the card title, you can hide/unhide these things. Don't forget to save and Publish the portal.
  2. You haven't published the no-code designer yet. Then click on “Customize Support Portal”, go via Layout & Pages to the Footer section in the middle of the screen. Below the existing code, add the following:

<script>
  var removeCardsUrl = [’/support/catalog/items’];
  CARDS = CARDS.filter(function(card) {
   return removeCardsUrl.indexOf(card.url) < 0;
  });
</script>

Click Save and Publish at the bottom of the page.

Let me know if this resolved your question.

Kind regards,

Rutger Bockholts

Freshworks

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@kse27, There are two ways to do this and that is related if you have publish the portal via the new no-node designer already.

1. You have published the no-code designer already: If you open “Service Desk Rebranding” in the Admin menu, click on “Customize Support Portal“. Click on the background color behind the cards. On the right hand side you'll see the available cards/options. With a click on the eye icon behind the card title, you can hide/unhide these things. Don't forget to save and Publish the portal.
  2. You haven't published the no-code designer yet. Then click on “Customize Support Portal”, go via Layout & Pages to the Footer section in the middle of the screen. Below the existing code, add the following:

<script>
  var removeCardsUrl = [’/support/catalog/items’];
  CARDS = CARDS.filter(function(card) {
   return removeCardsUrl.indexOf(card.url) < 0;
  });
</script>

Click Save and Publish at the bottom of the page.

Let me know if this resolved your question.

Kind regards,

Rutger Bockholts

Freshworks

Hi @Rutger Bockholts 

Just to double check:

That suggestion would hide the cards on the Service Portal Home, but I understand the inquiry is to hid this:

Will this suggestion of hiding the cards on the Support Portal Home will also hide such menu ?

Regards,

Badge

@eeha0120 Yes, my inquiry was about the New menu (+) not the cards on the Support Portal homepage.  

Hello @kse27

I finally “cracked” this one today so I thought I’d share it since I came across your posts when searching for it. 😊

#request-dropdown > a.service-request{
display:none !important;
}

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Patrik

Badge +2

Fab, just what i needed, other question though, can i hide things from requesters, but still keep them visible for agents?