Skip to main content

WATCH RECORDING>>> Freshservice Best Practices session hosted by Kenneth Hayward - Post your questions here!

WATCH RECORDING>>> Freshservice Best Practices session hosted by Kenneth Hayward - Post your questions here!

Hellooo Freshworks Community!!!

How’s it going?

How's everyone holding up this Midweek? Feeling super productive 🤔, or just eagerly waiting for the weekend to roll in 😎 ?

Well, here's a little something to add some boost to your day! I'm absolutely thrilled to introduce @ken.hayward ,Solution Architect in Freshworks, who's all set to host an insightful session - Powerful automations to transform and scale your service delivery in Freshservice for you on May 23 at 7:30 a.m. PDT. If you haven't checked it out yet, you're missing out!

Ken’s got a 90-minute agenda lined up for you all. Get ready to dive deep into some concepts that are bound to revolutionize the way you approach your automations.

Here’s a little bit about him! For those of you who had the pleasure of attending his solution booth back in 2022, you already know the expertise he holds.

Kenneth Marshall Hayward
Solution Architect
Freshworks

Ken is a Solutions Architect at Freshworks, where he has been instrumental for the past 6 years in assisting organizations to mature and transform their business processes. Leveraging Freshworks' suite of ITSM and ESM products, Ken has consistently amazed customers with significant efficiency gains and improved user experience improvements they gain by transition off of legacy tools like BMC, Ivanti, Cherwell, and ServiceNow. 

So, mark your calendars and gear up for an engaging session! And, if you've got any burning questions swirling in your mind, don't hesitate to ask Ken here. He's more than eager to share his wisdom.

Looking forward to seeing your active participation!

Here’s your registration link -

Best

Kamakshi

26 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Also, the ‘Remaining Approvals’ shows up on all tickets now.  Is there a way to have this field only show on Service Requests?  It is confusing for users to see it on incident tickets.  I suppose I could just uncheck the ‘Displayed to requester’, but then users won’t see it at all.

Hi Damon, you’ll need to control this using Business Rules. You would actually want to create two rules:

1. Execute on New Form; no conditions; Action - hide “Remaining Approvals”
  2. Execute on Edit Form; Condition - if “Current Ticket > Type” = “Service Request”; Action - show “Remaining Approvals” (Auto-reverse will hide it for other ticket types)

~~

To your question around tickets that might contain multiple Service Items, there’s not a great way to handle those today with Custom Objects, so you might need to build in alternate branches with the more traditional “Requested Item includes X, Y, or Z” conditions to handle those scenarios. If the items require different approvals, then I’d recommend having separate tickets for them.

~~

Lastly, your first point around the conditions. In an Event node, it will always be treated as ANY of the listed events can trigger the automator; thus you’ll need to use the Conditions effectively. I sometimes have a workflow that looks a bit repetitive, but that may be the best way to achieve the outcome, eg.:

1. Event: “Incident is raised” OR “Priority is update from Any to Urgent”
  2. Condition: “Priority is Urgent”
  3. Action: “Send Email to Group”

As far as advanced conditions, you can usually achieve what you want by separating into multiple condition nodes, eg. if you need to meet Condition A AND (Condition B OR Condition C), then have one condition node for Condition A, then a second one for B OR C. Eg2. if you need to meet Condition A OR (Condition B AND Condition C), then have one node for A OR B and then another node for A OR C.

Hope this helps!